Our partner

somebody help

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

somebody help

Postby jadekitty » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:55 pm

Yeah, I know my problems are not that bad....lots of people have it way worse than me. Lately, I just feel so empty... I don't know what to do. I felt so crappy last night... my boyfriend stayed up with me talking on the phone and made me feel a lot better.... but I was crying, like, the whole time.
I've been thinking a lot about my biological dad... whom I haven't seen since I was 2. I keep wondering if I should call him and try to talk to him... find out what he's like, and if he ever regrets giving me up.... I could call... I've looked his name up in the phonebook before, I know he lives a few towns away from me, which isn't that far... a lot of times at work, I'm paranoid he'll walk in the door and, like, he won't know who I am, and I won't know who he is... would I even recognize him???
And another thing... I used to be so sure of who i was and happy with myself, but lately, I seem so distant from myself... which doesn't even make sense.....
My dad has been getting on my nerves a lot lately. He tries to tell me about my problems and that I'm wrong, when he doed the same things, if not worse.... he can act like more of a child than me sometimes....
I love my boyfriend, and I know he loves me.... we've been together for more than 8 months... which is a long time for a 15 year old and a 17 year old.... and I'm still crazy about him. But at the same time, we can be so different from eachother... sometimes he doesn't know how to talk to me... although I must admit, he's getting much better at it, but I still can't talk to him sometimes, you know?
And I can't talk to my parents.... I used to have a great relationship with my mom... and I still love her with all my heart... but we've grown apart lately, cuz she's stressed out most of the time... I get my anxiety from her.
Speaking of anxiety, there are so many boys ( I can think of 3 right now) who really, really like me and want to go out with me, but I can't cuz I'm in love with Dusty (my bf). I feel so awful because they're sad... I feel like it's my fault.... and yet I can't help them... Why do they seem to think I'm so perfect, anyway???? What's so great about me??? There are tons of girls, why me?
I just want everybody to be happy... and when I can't make people feel better, my whole existance is questioned. Why am I here if I can't make people happy????
I love my friends, but they are also really different from me... they don't care about everything the way I do, so when I'm sad about something, they don't understand... cuz they dont' get upset about stuff like that.
Basically, I have no one to talk to .... except God, of couse, but he can't give me a canversation with feedback and stuff... so I just need someone to talk to who might understand what's going on with me.... I keep thinking, there's got to be somebody in the world who thinks the same way I do....
I really think I need medication... I freak out about everything... everything is my fault all the time, and I take everything so seriously. Dusty keeps telling me I should "chill", but it's not that easy, I guess... My mom seems to think I'm just an ordinary teenager with ordinary over-reacting due to hormone crap... maybe she's right.... I dunno.
Anyway, I basically just need somebody to talk to and tell me it's okay and stuff... so... yeah. If anybody could help, that'd be great.
jadekitty

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:06 am

Hi Jadekitty,
I am not a psychologist but I am 29 and have a BA in psychology. Here is what I think:
It's a very important and great thing that you have someone, your boyfriend, to support you emotionally. No matter how small your problems may seem compared to those of others, they are your problems and it's your job to try to fix them, so there's no feeling bad about asking people for help with them.
Identity is an important issue for people. Figuring out who you are and where you came from and who you identify with is what people your age think a lot about usually, and sometimes the issues take a long time to resolve, (I still think about those things too). I would imagine that not knowing who your biological father is is a difficult situation exactly because you want to know who you are, but you can't without first knowing who he is. It was a powerful thing you said about being afraid of encountering your biological father by chance and not knowing that it's him. I have no personal experience with this type of situation but I think that if you feel the need to meet him or confront him in real life, that need is not going to go away. If you decide to contact him, you might learn some things that might not be easy to deal with, but it is worth the risk, because you will have "resolved" something in your life. And that is likely to give you a new perspective that will hopefully make you feel better. Good luck!

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum