Our partner

Nonhuman Alters

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Nonhuman Alters

Postby Firedrake » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 am

anyone else out there a nonhuman alter or have nonhuman alters? such as a dog or a cat or maybe even a dragon like me. :)

- archer
Firedrake
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Nonhuman Alters

Postby Truly_happy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 am

We've had two dragons: first there was Lothus but he integrated. Now we have Drexelious. Like Lothus did, Drexelious sleeps all the time and only wakes up in times of crisis.

We recently developed a rabbit alter who calls himself Edgar. Here he is:

Edgar: Hiya! I'm a crazy, talking bunny. :twisted: I hide memories of incomprehensible events that our brain couldn'd handle. Weird memories produce a weird alter like me, I guess. :P I don't like this human body of ours so I stay inside. I do like to draw myself with pencil and paper, though.

Janice: Well, I'm a shape-shifter with no real form/visual representation of my own, but the form I like to use the most doesn't seem to be human. This form has blue skin and white hair, like a frost fairy or a super heroine with ice powers. (I'm JanICE. ;))
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby myce » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:07 am

Wolf corpse woke up from the dead to let me know he is still there. He's really unhappy and doesn't mind being dead.
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Truly_happy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:43 pm

After looking at an old system map, I remember now that we used to have a unicorn named Babe (non-talking, though we had a girl in our system then that understood him) and a Humlty-Dumpty-like egg-man called Humperdink. (Both alters have integrated.)

I also remember now that we currently have a guy made of marshmallows who calls himself Milo Marsh.
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Januarily » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:37 am

We have a robot :) He thinks and speaks like a robot. Which means naturally, he's got horrible people skills. He's good at being a machine, though. We try not to let him out when outside people are around. It'll get pretty weird and downright hilarious (not in the good way for us) if we do.

Suspected (not dx) OSDD-1b on a healing process
5: inappropriately chill
6: nice little thing
7: ASPD
11: high on ADHD

the others won't talk here
Januarily
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 pm

Postby Dwelt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

Varegh is a dragon too !
And when I see myself inside, I can be a human, a coyote or a clouded leopard. Human because of the body, but even if I know I'm human, I identifiyng myslef more as a coyote/clouded leopard.

French person with ADHD
Functional multiplicity, former partial DID
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm

Postby JadeRain » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:16 pm

It's nice to know others have inhuman alters.

I'm inhuman. I look more like a demon/succubus (arrowed tail, digitigrade legs and dragon/bat wings)

Then there's Fang who's nonverbal but intelligent. S/he is a winged (feathered kind) Lycan/wolf type creature.

I have reason to believe that there's a Mermaid inside as well. There's this giant lake in the floor where I "live" and from time to time there's bubbles that come from the lake but we never see anything. ~Daryn
DX Generalized Aniety Disorder, PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, NOS Depressive Disorder

The Clan:
Raven-23;Crow-23;Ariyah-25;Ian-6-12;Daryn;Anja; Josi-6;Marie-18 Protector;Delta and Luke-25;Fang;Juri-13;Zeke-25;Luna-Age slider;Kourasmenos (Koura)-26;Rock-25; Shadow; (The) Beast; Eden; Lexi; ELise; Ghost; Cici;
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Firedrake » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:47 am

@Truly_Happy

drexelious sounds wonderful. i hope they're sleeping well.

@Myce

poor wolf corpse. :cry: i wish him the best!

@6

i know that feeling! we have a hedgehog in our system. i think he can't talk so i'm always really worried about him fronting. he doesn't like the others so i've been "babysitting" him every time he fronts which is pretty weird since he's older than me. :lol:

@Dwelt

more dragons, how amazing! you remind me of derek. he can be human, but he seems to be seeing himself as a werewolf these days. i can change my form in the inner world from human to dragon to anything in between.

@Daryn

how cool, there's a demon in our system too. we've also got a mermaid, but he's more like a shark-person. :D There's a feathered being too... although he's not my favorite person, i suppose. we don't have a good relationship with birds.

- archer
Firedrake
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby myce » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:57 am

I'm curious if anyone would like to share how you came to be a nonhuman alter?

I used to believe Wolfie the ghost wolf was a walk-in who had been haunting the forest. It was an episode of "possession," very intense and weird, like switching into a creature with PTSD. After some years we told him he was dead and he should go on to the other side. I saw the corpse in my mind and thought he was really dead. For many years I couldn't figure out what had happened until I learned I have dissociative disorder. I didn't know he was an alter.
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Firedrake » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 am

myce wrote:I'm curious if anyone would like to share how you came to be a nonhuman alter?

I used to believe Wolfie the ghost wolf was a walk-in who had been haunting the forest. It was an episode of "possession," very intense and weird, like switching into a creature with PTSD. After some years we told him he was dead and he should go on to the other side. I saw the corpse in my mind and thought he was really dead. For many years I couldn't figure out what had happened until I learned I have dissociative disorder. I didn't know he was an alter.

i formed just like how all alters form? through trauma, i mean. my brain just happened to think a dragon would be much stronger and scarier, able to protect the body from anymore harm. i didn't come to be nonhuman (not sure if that can even happen), i was born nonhuman. if anything, i came to be more human after interacting with humans and learning the hard way that it's not okay to bite and growl at people.

i think(?) you're aware of this but "walk in" isn't a legitimate DID/OSDD term. it's a term that was coined by malingerers (people faking their system in order to escape consequences and people misinterpreting their symptoms as DID/OSDD), claiming that their alters just "walked in" instead of forming from trauma- the only way an alter can form. having people/creatures in your mind is not inherently DID/OSDD. it is actually quite common in people who are prone to fantasy or have malidaptive daydreaming.

don't worry! you're not the only one who's been effected by the misinformation. i was manipulated a lot by malingerers in the past.

- archer
Firedrake
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post