Our partner

IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: lilyfairy, Snaga

IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am

We want the forum to be a supportive and therapeutic place for all and not somewhere which triggers people or exacerbates their self harm behaviour. As well as asking people to make sure they read the forum rules we have 2 points to consider below for when you are posting. Thank you all for your cooperation with this.

1. Please keep descriptions of self harm general and do not go into detail about what you have done. For example "I cut and I cut quite badly" will suffice rather than details. In addition please do not give graphic information or details of methods of self injury you have used. A general statement such as "I cut" or "I burnt" is enough information to give people.

2. If you choose to post graphic details in your post it will edited. If there is a large volume of graphic text to remove the whole post may be edited out

The SI Mod Team
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 26, 2017 11:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby lilyfairy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:53 am

Something we would also ask you to please take note of...

Psychforums is a peer support forum. We can offer support and understanding as people who've "been there too", but the forum is not a substitute for seeking out help and support in 3D.

Moderators are members who have been chosen for their ability to be friendly and supportive, but are not here in a professional capacity and are generally without any training in the mental health field. Just lots of life experience.

There are no professionals here who can help or advise you, which is why we would urge you to seek out extra support from a professional- a doctor, counsellor, therapist, or other suitable person or organisation within your community.

Thankyou.
"Courage isn't having the strength to go on- it is going on when you don't have the strength." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Forum Rules
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post