Our partner

Asperger's Syndrome - Good for espionage?

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Asperger's Syndrome - Good for espionage?

Postby TheOtherGuy29111989 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I always thought I would make a great secret agent. Since about age 5 I've wanted to join MI6/SIS which is England's version of the CIA/NSA.
I have no emotions and ones I do are very limited. If I am told to eliminate my target, then even if that target is my best friend then orders are orders "Sorry, Bro. But you know how it is - you gotta get - before you get got.." *silenced pistol shot to the head*.
Before I get taken out myself by a Russian agent I was working along side to try and take out some Chechen's trying to smuggle arms into Afghanistan. *Hears shotgun pump, turns towards Vladimir* I'd say "это так, как оно есть, право, друг мой?" . Then to be dead and face the eternal oblivion of death which I don't care about at all. We'll all be there soon enough as it is, may as well go out with a bang. 8)

I have virtually no facial expressions and I'm a very no nonsense guy because of AS. I play no games and pull no punches. I used to have the inability to lie, but my monotonous voice and lack of facial and bodily expressions makes lying an easily developed skill that I can do very well and nobody can tell. I'm not a big liar but I practiced when I was a kid because I couldn't and now with my natural poker face and my understanding of lies and how to use and detect them, I think this would make me a very useful person when.
Not to mention the fact that I never make small talk, I only say what needs to be said. I couldn't possibly give anything away.
One of the things that makes me socially awkward is because I have no time nor the desire for other people's bulls**t. There's no room in MI6 for people's problems or people's objections or whatever reason people act as weird and stupid as they do. They are in charge of national security and whatever other dodgy dealings that goes on behind the scenes of this world. There would be no "Well, I said this, but if you had social skills you would know what I meant was this..." unless there was some kind of code that I have had to learn.

I don't think I'm easy to manipulate. I know what I know and because I don't work the same as other people and don't talk when I have to and people couldn't manipulate and because I think that most people are full of #######4 I always finding myself having to scan what people say for information. I have taught myself things note when people are talking to understand their motives or emotions behind it, even if its a lie or if somebody is taking the piss which pretty much puts me on my guard. I don't let people in easily if at all. If somebody wanted information out of me it would be impossible to. The only way to get into out of me is some kind of torture that involves moths.

I'm a total ice cube. I don't build and emotional attachment to people or things. The only people I do have are my immediate family. This isn't to say that I'm a self controlled psycho killer but if I was given the order doing the kind of work that MI6 and CIA do, then I wouldn't have problem with it. I can accept if somebody wants to kill me, and I can accept the danger involved and the fact that I won't live long enough to retire, and me killing somebody who has done the same and has worked hard to get into that line of work doesn't bother me. If they work for the enemies secret service then they are against us and need to be eliminated, they would do the same to me and I'm not killing an innocent. No big deal. I read a book about

I become obsessed with the job of my choice and never half-a$s it. That's the kind of job where you work 24/7 and don't really have time for outside distractions that I don't really want. Its been shown countless times that a person with high functioning Asperger's is capable of extreme success in careers that are within their obsessions. When I see somebody like myself who has one of these obsessions then its impenetrable by anything, no person or situation take take their (in this case, my) mind away from it. I know a guy who is a life long engineer and started out as an apprentice and now lives in Zurich earning roughly £400,000 a year working for a multi-national corporation.

I think people with AS would be the most useful in that kind of work. I just find it annoying because my path has been destroyed. I went to college to study the necessary subjects, went to join the military and got denied because I have AS.
I can't say I'm not taking it hard. Dream of a job and then end up with a career in sales.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
TheOtherGuy29111989
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Asperger's Syndrome - Good for espionage?

Postby EBR » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Yes; but can you lie good...?
To put your life in danger from time to time... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.
— Nevil Shute

I would recommend a solo flight to all prospective suicides. It tends to make clear the issue of whether one enjoys being alive or not.
— T. H. White
EBR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby TheOtherGuy29111989 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:43 pm

EBR wrote:Yes; but can you lie good...?

I lie very well.

I always struggled lying when I was a kid. I decided that I need to practice and with the amount of practice I've had and the way I can use a monotone voice, lack of facial expressions and controlled and timed eye contact makes me a pretty good liar. 8)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
TheOtherGuy29111989
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Spae » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:00 am

I'm pretty sure most people with AS have emotions and empathy though, even if your don't.
The ability you claim to have of being able to kill a best friend, that has nothing to do with AS.
I sometimes think I could easily kill someone, but a best friend. I think not.

You seem to believe that if a government orders something (like a killing) it is OK. But in my opinion what is made legal or illegal should not be used to decide if that action is moral or not. In-fact I think laws reflect morality extremely poorly.
Spae
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby TheOtherGuy29111989 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:22 am

Spae wrote:I'm pretty sure most people with AS have emotions and empathy though, even if your don't.
The ability you claim to have of being able to kill a best friend, that has nothing to do with AS.
I sometimes think I could easily kill someone, but a best friend. I think not.

Well, I could kill him if he was in the same line of work as me. I think if you were in SIS or CIA you wouldn't have a best who you don't work with. I would kill him if I was ordered to, just like he would kill me if he was ordered enough. I've read a lot of books about the CIA, MI6, NSA and all those guys and that's the way the game can work sometimes.

I think AS effects people differently depending on the severity and how the person is raised and where and all manor of factors that can change a person's personality. I have always hated AS, I hated what it did to me and my attitude was to try and beat what I don't like and use whatever of I can to get a head. I'm a strange guy compared to a lot of people and I think my AS compared with who I am as a person reflects this kind of job and life style really well.

Spae wrote: You seem to believe that if a government orders something (like a killing) it is OK. But in my opinion what is made legal or illegal should not be used to decide if that action is moral or not. In-fact I think laws reflect morality extremely poorly.

Laws and morality are all made up IMO, just like the religions that spawned them. It isn't about the government either, they would just be my boss. I don't care why they are, all I care about is what they tell me to do next for my pay cheque. F**k morals.
TheOtherGuy29111989
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Spae » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 am

Laws and morality are all made up IMO, just like the religions that spawned them. It isn't about the government either, they would just be my boss. I don't care why they are, all I care about is what they tell me to do next for my pay cheque. F**k morals.

Haha I hear you. However, most people do like to avoid hurting others, instinctually. I think if a moral has to be taught, it isn't one. Many morals in our society are taught and the sheep just accept them.

I guess us AS people (most of us) can't really accept being told to believe something without good reason. Guess that's why we're all irreligious.

Morals are confusing. Some people say that a person has a set that can't change. But I'm sure mine change whenever they want to. Sometimes I think I could shove a cold blade into someones throat and feel nothing, other times I believe that I couldn't.
Spae
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby EBR » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:10 am

Spae wrote:

Haha I hear you. However, most people do like to avoid hurting others, instinctually. I think if a moral has to be taught, it isn't one. Many morals in our society are taught and the sheep just accept them.

I guess us AS people (most of us) can't really accept being told to believe something without good reason. Guess that's why we're all irreligious.

Morals are confusing. Some people say that a person has a set that can't change. But I'm sure mine change whenever they want to. Sometimes I think I could shove a cold blade into someones throat and feel nothing, other times I believe that I couldn't.

If everyone was just left to their devices, would it even be possible to imagine the chaos that would take place? (yes they are made up and some are ridiculous but are still very much necessary...) I pride myself in being objective about everything and if my employer were to send me to do something, they better have a damned good and plausible reason for me to do so... Money is never a good enough reason...

I do not have the conscious to purposely hurt something or someone let alone kill...(of course Ive had the thoughts but no...); I accidently ran over a very green and pretty iguana (I may have been going a tad too fast and overly occupied with my music) I am still haunted by the imagery of how the back wheel kicked the poor thing into a few spins before left, motionless... I still get choked up about it; even as I write this. The event took place more than 5 years ago yet feels so recent... If it were a person I more than likely wouldve lose my remaining marbles...
To put your life in danger from time to time... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.
— Nevil Shute

I would recommend a solo flight to all prospective suicides. It tends to make clear the issue of whether one enjoys being alive or not.
— T. H. White
EBR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheOtherGuy29111989 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:15 am

Spae wrote:Haha I hear you. However, most people do like to avoid hurting others, instinctually. I think if a moral has to be taught, it isn't one. Many morals in our society are taught and the sheep just accept them.

I agree to an extent. I believe fully when you say instincts, but not instinctively moral. I wouldn't like the idea of hurting or killing a child. But just like any mammal I have a natural instinct to protect the young. But I don't know if that should be called a moral. But they're all subjective.

Spae wrote:I guess us AS people (most of us) can't really accept being told to believe something without good reason. Guess that's why we're all irreligious.

I know what you mean. Doesn't it sound like insanity to you? lol.
We have science that can't tell us everything, which means by default that a magic man in the sky created us, and for any extra information read the bible. It has a talking snake, a global flood and predicts the end of the world!

LOL WUT???!??!

I have never been capable of believing, and I think like you say that AS people are wired to be different. 8)

Spae wrote:Morals are confusing. Some people say that a person has a set that can't change. But I'm sure mine change whenever they want to. Sometimes I think I could shove a cold blade into someones throat and feel nothing, other times I believe that I couldn't.

Its both. I don't want kids and a family, but my grandad was such a bas**rd to my dad's family that my dad vowed never to be like him, and its my dad's integrity to us that has made me take that same attitude. That will never change, my grandad being an a**e and my dad's integrity will make me a dedicated family man if I ever have one. However as we go through life we'll experience new things that change us and what we think we know about life and cause us to question our opinions on things and we'll change accordingly. 8)
TheOtherGuy29111989
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby TheOtherGuy29111989 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 am

EBR wrote:If everyone was just left to their devices, would it even be possible to imagine the chaos that would take place? (yes they are made up and some are ridiculous but are still very much necessary...) I pride myself in being objective about everything and if my employer were to send me to do something, they better have a damned good and plausible reason for me to do so... Money is never a good enough reason...

It isn't about the money, its an exciting job. I'd see it as a game, a bit like a death sport. I'm not afraid to die. I have a weird fear of death. I'm not afraid to die on an MI6 mission or in a motorbike race. However I'm terrified to die in a stupid way like a crash or a slip.
National security, taking down terrorists and the mobs. Good enough reasons?

EBR wrote:I do not have the conscious to purposely hurt something or someone let alone kill...(of course Ive had the thoughts but no...); I accidently ran over a very green and pretty iguana (I may have been going a tad too fast and overly occupied with my music) I am still haunted by the imagery of how the back wheel kicked the poor thing into a few spins before left, motionless... I still get choked up about it; even as I write this. The event took place more than 5 years ago yet feels so recent... If it were a person I more than likely wouldve lose my remaining marbles...

There's nothing wrong with that IMO, you and I are just different because you're a gentle and sensitive person whereas I'm not.

If I ran over an iguana then I'd be gutted because I love reptiles. That's one of my aspie loves, reptiles are amazing creatures. However, if I ran over a cat I'd be like "Dumbass..." and keep going. I'd swerve and try to miss it but if a cat runs out into traffic then its a moron cat and probably going to die some other way soon anyway.
TheOtherGuy29111989
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby EBR » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 am

[quote] It isn't about the money, its an exciting job. I'd see it as a game, a bit like a death sport. I'm not afraid to die. I have a weird fear of death. I'm not afraid to die on an MI6 mission or in a motorbike race. However I'm terrified to die in a stupid way like a crash or a slip.
National security, taking down terrorists and the mobs. Good enough reasons?

Sure; just as long as your agency isnt lying to you; therefore allowing you to kill someone under false pretenses...
— Nevil Shute

— T. H. White
EBR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post