The site will undergo a maintenance process for a few minutes. Please finish your post as it will start quickly.

If you experiment issues after the maintenance, please reload the page, clear your browser cache and if needed restart your browser.

Psychforums Team.

Our partner

90 day fiance

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Otter

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

90 day fiance

Postby Pink01 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 am

90 day fiance is a new show on TLC which basically is a depiction of classic using and conning. :lol:

I believe the name comes from the amount of time a vacation visa can be held - 90 days.
It's a show where mostly poor girls, and a girl that got her work visa rejected swoon middle class, probably vulnerable men into falling in love with them and marrying them within the 90 days. Obviously then you get a green card.
Note: An American citizen can only do this once. Your partner will automatically get a green card but the next time no.

Thoughts on this? Do you think a pwAsPD can maintain acting long enough for something like this to happen? To spark interest enough to get engaged and then married? Then get divorced and take half of everything? Even living on welfare is a much better quality of life then some of these girls have known

Or do you feel a person without a PD could do this?

I see this as a two way street...I can get a girl to come here for 90 days and just use her for 90 days, tell her on day 85 ya know it's not really working out for me. then tell her to go to hell :twisted:
There's Trouble in Candyland

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Pink01
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby Lucinda » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 am

People here do it a lot, without the façade of a relationship. They just arrange it via friends .....and pay for it. . . . . . . . .
Actually its an easy way to make a dollar.
''Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.''
Lucinda
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm
Local time: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby uniquelyme » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:41 am

Last I knew, you did not get a green card after 90 days. It's after 2 years. So you get married for 2 yearsrove to the government that its bona fida then green card comes which makes you a legal permanent resident. After 5 years, then you can apply yourself to be a US citizen. After the 2 years and green card is achieved, you can divorce with no government repurcussions.
This is based on what I learned about 7 years ago though.
uniquelyme
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby Pink01 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:52 am

Doodler
People here do it a lot, without the façade of a relationship. They just arrange it via friends .....and pay for it. . . . . . . . .
Actually its an easy way to make a dollar.


Sure yes there's that. but that costs at least a few thousand. (I don't know the prices of this - lets say 15k) I imagine prices fluctuate based on the country of origin. First world European ones being less, and African/Asian ones being more.
but this isn't free. conning is!

uniquleyme
Last I knew, you did not get a green card after 90 days. It's after 2 years. So you get married for 2 yearsrove to the government that its bona fida then green card comes which makes you a legal permanent resident. After 5 years, then you can apply yourself to be a US citizen. After the 2 years and green card is achieved, you can divorce with no government repurcussions.
This is based on what I learned about 7 years ago though.


No. I believe "vacation" visas are for 90 days. Your purpose is to take a vacation, then go back.
The whole point of the show is to get the marriage before that's up...because then you have to leave, wait a while and then come back.
I didn't know there was a 2 year waiting period but I do know they "technically" automatically get a green card upon marriage.
There's Trouble in Candyland

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Pink01
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby Obsidian » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:55 am

You can travel to the U.S for 90 days without a visa, and then you have to go home, uniquelyme.
(At least when you travel from where I'm at)
“God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.”
User avatar
Obsidian
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 10634
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:00 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby uniquelyme » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:06 am

Obsidian wrote:You can travel to the U.S for 90 days without a visa, and then you have to go home, uniquelyme.
(At least when you travel from where I'm at)


Right. Standard time is 90 days. Whether a visa is needdepends on the country
uniquelyme
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby BPM606060 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:45 am

Pink01 wrote:90 day fiance is a new show on TLC which basically is a depiction of classic using and conning. :lol:

I believe the name comes from the amount of time a vacation visa can be held - 90 days.
It's a show where mostly poor girls, and a girl that got her work visa rejected swoon middle class, probably vulnerable men into falling in love with them and marrying them within the 90 days. Obviously then you get a green card.
Note: An American citizen can only do this once. Your partner will automatically get a green card but the next time no.

Thoughts on this? Do you think a pwAsPD can maintain acting long enough for something like this to happen? To spark interest enough to get engaged and then married? Then get divorced and take half of everything? Even living on welfare is a much better quality of life then some of these girls have known

Or do you feel a person without a PD could do this?

I see this as a two way street...I can get a girl to come here for 90 days and just use her for 90 days, tell her on day 85 ya know it's not really working out for me. then tell her to go to hell :twisted:

Im not aspd, but i feel if i was a girl. I could do it.
"Without order...nothing exists....Without chaos....nothing evolves"
User avatar
BPM606060
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:46 am
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby uniquelyme » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:55 am

bipolarmusician wrote:
Pink01 wrote:90 day fiance is a new show on TLC which basically is a depiction of classic using and conning. :lol:

I believe the name comes from the amount of time a vacation visa can be held - 90 days.
It's a show where mostly poor girls, and a girl that got her work visa rejected swoon middle class, probably vulnerable men into falling in love with them and marrying them within the 90 days. Obviously then you get a green card.
Note: An American citizen can only do this once. Your partner will automatically get a green card but the next time no.

Thoughts on this? Do you think a pwAsPD can maintain acting long enough for something like this to happen? To spark interest enough to get engaged and then married? Then get divorced and take half of everything? Even living on welfare is a much better quality of life then some of these girls have known

Or do you feel a person without a PD could do this?

I see this as a two way street...I can get a girl to come here for 90 days and just use her for 90 days, tell her on day 85 ya know it's not really working out for me. then tell her to go to hell :twisted:

Im not aspd, but i feel if i was a girl. I could do it.


If you are a hot girl:). She's got to be worth buyying you know! Visa and possible lawyer fees if you don't do it yourself are expensive!
uniquelyme
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby BPM606060 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 am

uniquelyme wrote:
If you are a hot girl:). She's got to be worth buyying you know! Visa and possible lawyer fees if you don't do it yourself are expensive!


Hell yeah i'd be a hot girl! :oops:
"Without order...nothing exists....Without chaos....nothing evolves"
User avatar
BPM606060
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:46 am
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 90 day fiance

Postby Pink01 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:01 am

Image

I is speak russian
i let you lick vodka off my breats every day for life you give me green card
There's Trouble in Candyland

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Pink01
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 pm
Local time: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], julllia and 124 guests

cron