Our partner

Question

Separation Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Question

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:45 am

Is it possible for a person to have seperation anxiety from their close friends rather than from a parent?

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby MSBLUE » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:24 pm

Oh my yes, it is even possible to have it with your pets, or your parents, anything or anyone that makes you feel safe or that you are used to being around and that you have a strong connection with and a strong bond with.

So a friend most definetely.

When my roommate used to leave , I would be lost for hours without her, I had to get on with my life, and try not to be dependent on her presence.

Seperation anxiety is much the feeling a mother has the first time she leaves her new born child. NOt having a child I've never experineced this particular example. But have experienced it with many other aspects in my life. Esp. with my oldest dog. She went to have her hair cut the other day, and I even sent a note with her, they realize that not only I was having it, but so was she and had her done in 2 hours verses the usual 7.

ddee, 7
MSBLUE
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

MY PROBLEM,WHICH IM HAVING A HARD TIME WITH

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:51 pm

oh wow...i think this is where my post should have gone....

ok 'ill try to be explain of what my problem is...
ok i been married a long time,but durring my marriage i been seeing my bro inlaw,we have had sex numerous times but on n off like.
now my problem i am missing him so much because he is going to the "big house",and he will be seperated from all of us for a long time...we had our last encounter and he requested me to be his last...ok now when im alone all i do is cry,and i noticed im drinking more than ever...am constanly cryin oceans before going to sleep,or in the shower..or if something reminds me of him...he sneaks in my dreams,i have trouble eating,or loss of appitite...and my spouse is cluless of whats going on with me.
im scared that i'll say something im my sleep..or scared of him finding out.
when i visit,or talk to him..i tremble and i begin to feel sick..whats going on with me? is there something more going on with me?

Postby Minime » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 pm

I can relate to this with my last affair.

I felt guilty, yet yurning.

But when we were together afraid of being caught. That is what causes the sickness feeling fmi.

The thoughts weren't so much because I was in love, cuz I wasn't with him, I was with my husband. It was obsessing on the things said, over and over and over in my head. It wouldn't go away til I saw him again, then the guilt, I finally had to make a choice for everyones sake.
Minime

Return to Separation Anxiety Disorder