Our partner

Schizoid and Friends

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Schizoid and Friends

Postby NPC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:58 am

As Schizoids aren't known for having many close relationships with other people, I would like to ask you a couple of questions about your "real" friend/s:

1) How many friends do you have?
2) How you met your friend/s?
3) Why and how you became friends?
4) Are your friend/s introvert/s?
5) How often you do something together, or meet in general?
6) Is there a special reason you became friends with this particular person, or do you think there's a reason why he/they became your friends?
7) What you like about your friend/s, and what do you think they like about you?
NPC
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Schizoid and Friends

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:04 pm

I don't have any friends so I answered for some past friends.

1) 0.
2) Through family or work.
3) Live together or shared interest.
4) Not all.
5) Variable.
6) Shared interest.
7) Shared interest.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 am

Postby Floaty73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 pm

1) How many friends do you have?
- I don't know. 5?
2) How you met your friend/s?
- University. Work. Amateur Dramatics. Husband's friends.
3) Why and how you became friends?
- Sharing a room. On the same course. Working together. Via husband.
4) Are your friend/s introvert/s?
- Maybe. Not as much as me. One is very sensitive, but also charming and sociable.
5) How often you do something together, or meet in general?
- The university ones, never. We email. The others, we meet up for an hour twice a year.
6) Is there a special reason you became friends with this particular person, or do you think there's a reason why he/they became your friends?
- Shared sense of humour. We like talking about the same things, we have similar political views (the uni friend). They are good listeners. They are not judgemental. They are kind.
7) What you like about your friend/s, and what do you think they like about you?
- I like them because they don't judge me. They are kind, interesting and funny, and they haven't dumped me.
- I don't know. Maybe because I'm a good listener, I can hold interesting conversations (with them) and I have a good sense of humour.
Floaty73
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby NPC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:46 pm

iabsurdlyexist wrote: 2) Through family or work.

Family? like, your family suggested you friends, or they're friends of your family and so happen to be yours?

-- Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:52 pm --

@Floaty73

And you consider them as your "real" friends? It doesn't sound like a "normal" friendship hah, at least not from my understanding of it (no offense). :P
NPC
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:08 pm

NPC wrote:Family? like, your family suggested you friends, or they're friends of your family and so happen to be yours?

From friends of someone else in the family. In this particular instance, I was referring to a step brother. He just happened to be the same age and somewhat of an extrovert so I tagged along.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 am

Postby Floaty73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:27 pm

And you consider them as your "real" friends? It doesn't sound like a "normal" friendship hah, at least not from my understanding of it (no offense). :P

Hi NPC. No offence taken.
They are the only "real" friends I have, who aren't family or pets.
I know other people who I get on OK with and see more often, but I don't regard them as friends.
I haven't been blessed with the friendship gene. I'm not really sure what it's all about, to be honest. It seems to imply giving more of myself than I'm willing to, or able.
Floaty73
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby NPC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm

If you had the opportunity to meet a person who suits you perfectly, an interesting and intelligent human-being as you are with a similar humor and interests.
First, would you agree to be a friend of a person like that even if it means investing more time than you're usually comfortable investing?
Second, is there any chance this friendship would last longer (maybe even years) if the conversations never get boring and repeatable?

-- Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:43 pm --

Floaty73 wrote:I haven't been blessed with the friendship gene.

Would you want to have this gene? if yes - why?
NPC
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Floaty73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm

NPC wrote:If you had the opportunity to meet a person who suits you perfectly, an interesting and intelligent human-being as you are with a similar humor and interests.
First, would you agree to be a friend of a person like that even if it means investing more time than you're usually comfortable investing?
Second, is there any chance this friendship would last longer (maybe even years) if the conversations never get boring and repeatable?

-- Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:43 pm --

Floaty73 wrote:I haven't been blessed with the friendship gene.

Would you want to have this gene? if yes - why?

1. Years ago I would have jumped at the chance. Now, I have grown more insular. And what with work, family and pets I don't have much time for myself as it is. I've grown used to doing without like-minded souls.
2. Yes, I think so.
3. Well yes, I would like to have the gene. So I can understand what it's all about and what it feels like.
Floaty73
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby NPC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Floaty73 wrote: So I can understand what it's all about and what it feels like.

But it's not like you need this gene to understand "what it's all about" or "how it feels like". You have emotions and empathy, that's all that you need to understand it, no?
NPC
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Floaty73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:54 pm

No, rather than it being a gene, actually it feels as if I missed out on some vital lessons when very young.
Floaty73
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post