Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:04 pm

My son is out of school so I don't know when he will randomly show up and disturb my peace. He mostly spends his time away with his friends. They're pretty obnoxious. The wife is hoping he will continue to live with us and I am just waiting for him to live his life elsewhere. I believe he wants to leave also but the wife keeps coming up with options for him to stay. I wonder what that attachment feels like.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby naps » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:12 pm

You seem very emotionally estranged from your family. Not a surprise, but how would you feel if your wife divorced you? How much do you think you'll keep in touch with your kids when they're out of the house and on their own?
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 am

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:22 pm

I think they'd keep in touch with me and probably worry about me. I'd then inquire about their well-being. The main thing they get from me is stability, which, could be had elsewhere. I had a similar talk with my psychologist. I know I'm not a worthless piece of $#%^ and kids need a father figure but I also know that things could be better. I'm not in denial to think they can't. I can run the plays just fine but my heart just isn't in it. I think that shows. Whether they care or it really matters to their health is a different story.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby naps » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm

iabsurdlyexist wrote:I can run the plays just fine but my heart just isn't in it.

This sums up the whole SPD thing pretty nicely.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:52 pm

I sat down on the couch like I had a hard day and I'm pretty sure I didn't do much of anything. I think I'm still on the search for that perfect IPA but my tastes swing wildly. I'm thinking a hoppy wheat with a hint of citrus would do the trick. I like citrusy/fruity beer but it has to be a hint of fruit, not overbearing. Trying to prevent scurvy.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby naps » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:43 pm

iabsurdlyexist wrote:I sat down on the couch like I had a hard day and I'm pretty sure I didn't do much of anything. I think I'm still on the search for that perfect IPA but my tastes swing wildly. I'm thinking a hoppy wheat with a hint of citrus would do the trick. I like citrusy/fruity beer but it has to be a hint of fruit, not overbearing. Trying to prevent scurvy.

There is no vitamin C in beer. Ask Brett. He's got scurvy.

naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:55 pm

I want to watch a series but I have no idea what to get into. A lot of series seem to hinge on drama and I find that cringey and hard to maintain interest in.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby naps » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:00 pm

xcagedsilhouttex wrote:I want to watch a series but I have no idea what to get into. A lot of series seem to hinge on drama and I find that cringey and hard to maintain interest in.

Watching dramatic TV shows is the only way I ever get any drama in my life.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EmpathySucks » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am

Missed that apartment; a bit angry at myself for not going for it. I'm feeling a bit pissed that he told me to contact him again after the holiday but then I do and get "already sold".

I'm probably not being rational but I'd love for him to slip on a banana peel.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 pm

I was referred to another psychologist today and I came to the conclusion that it's odd for people to help me since I don't need help. I mean, I need help in the sense that I will no longer function in society but I don't need help. For my family's sake, I need help.

It's some program where you evaluate certain aspects of your life and they assist you with those. Since I have nothing I want to improve, it doesn't make any sense and he realized that also. It's hard to explain how I should just be dead at this point, not because I am dying or worthless, just because I have no reason to be here anymore. Well, other than the fact that I have some net worth and that is supporting a few people.
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post