Our partner

Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby thequestioner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 pm

I think this question has a lot of assumptions in it. What do we mean by sex? What do we mean by child?

Much of the world will tolerate a child being fondled by an adult. A child can masturbate so what big deal is it if an adult helps out? How different is it than helping a child take a bath or giving them medication like a flu shot or taking them to a dentist? Everyone assumes sex means anal/vaginal or oral penetration of the child but most often it is not. Also, the law ignores the fact so called children hit puberty well before the law is willing to recognize.

Finally, any society which embraces abortion and contraceptives as rights will have far fewer children. In a world without such devices, there were be many children wandering about without care. In such a world, pedophiles do care enough for such children to help them to survive to adulthood regardless of any and all sexual interaction.
thequestioner
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Randomnosity » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 pm

thequestioner wrote:Much of the world will tolerate a child being fondled by an adult.

ARe we living in the same world? :?
Randomnosity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby revolutionex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm

@thequestioner

Indeed, what planet are you living on? Pedophiles who actually do care about the well-being of kids and teens won't interact with them sexually, thereby inflicting possible mental and emotional damage that will last a lifetime. I'm sorry, but your viewpoint makes no sense. People don't help these kids in countries where abortion and contraception is outlawed because of old USSR laws or otherwise. The general public sees them as a menace and pedophiles abuse them and destroy their lives. There are children living in the subways and streets of places like Romania, they get high by sniffing solvents and becoming alcoholics.

In their situation, they do whatever they can to survive, some willingly do sell themselves but that doesn't mean it's ever appropriate to take advantage. If you truly care, sex shouldn't even be a thought. They don't do it because they want to, they do it because the countries in which they live do not support or help them, so they rely on foreigners who will. And unfortunately, said foreigners are commonly after only sex and use these poor kids to make a quick buck themselves. That's not a life, love, or support. It is harmful, dangerous, and degrading.

I'm sorry thequestioner, but I do not think these forums are the place for such views to be expressed.
If you love a flower, don't pick it up. Because if you pick it up, it dies, and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation. - Osho
revolutionex
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby brian464 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:05 am

revolutionex wrote: get ready to be clubbed half to death, even if you haven't actually done anything wrong

Preteens who are sexually attractive are extremely rare in my opinion so the chances of being clubbed over a sexual attraction to a preteen is also extremely unlikely but

there are a very tiny group of men who find most preteens sexually attractive and those are the men who are in danger of being clubbed (even to death )

-- Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am --

Randomnosity wrote:
thequestioner wrote:Much of the world will tolerate a child being fondled by an adult.

ARe we living in the same world? :?

I think what the world will tolerate is a child fondling himself or herself or fondling another child, but not an adult fondling the child
brian464
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby KevinG31 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:34 am

I would need to see what the specifics of the study were before I believed this. For example, were the preteen girls just standing there doing nothing?
KevinG31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:31 pm

Postby Endymion » Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 am

KevinG31 wrote:I would need to see what the specifics of the study were before I believed this. For example, were the preteen girls just standing there doing nothing?

A link to the study was provided near the start of the thread. Here it is.

The OP makes the mistake of conflating arousal with attraction. They're not the same thing, and the taboo factor may be playing a role in the arousal. This is a criticism of the OP's interpretation of the study, not of the conclusions of the study itself. However, most criticism of this study is just hot air (amounting to 'I don't like what the results mean...') or centres on the size of the sample (though this in itself isn't refutation; the response should be to perform larger studies).
Endymion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby matthewuk » Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 am

We seem to have lost sight of the original question, "WHY are so many men attracted to preteens?" and I don't think there will ever be an answer, it's like asking 'WHY are so man men Gay?'. They just are, simple.

However, although you cant take the study as a realistic representation of the worlds population, or even that of the country of origin, one thing is clear (something that I think we all knew already), there are certainly a lot MORE men who are attracted to preteens than any official figures suggest.

I seem to remember reading once that approx. 4% of men in the USA are Pedophiles. That figure seems awfully low to me but it all depends on your definition of a Pedophile. To me, you are one if you are aroused by pre pubesant kids and I'm sure if you accept that definition, the figure of 30% is a lot closer to the truth.
matthewuk
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Endymion » Mon May 12, 2014 5:18 pm

matthewuk wrote:To me, you are one if you are aroused by pre pubesant kids and I'm sure if you accept that definition, the figure of 30% is a lot closer to the truth.

How do you arrive at that figure? It seems odd to question the representativeness of a peer-reviewed scientific study and then wildly speculate, picking a figure out of the air.
Endymion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby matthewuk » Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 pm

I wasn't plucking a figure out of thin air, I was referencing what Mythic said below;

Mythic wrote:Nice try but ....

http://www.ipce.info/ipceweb/Library/97 ... ticle.html

According to this, less than 30% show such responses and this seems to accord with other studies. The Griesemer theory would account for this and it probably would show up as stronger in the young (e.g. students) rather than those older.

Mythic
matthewuk
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Gerste » Tue May 13, 2014 3:32 pm

The PGG test is not reliable (I've heard figures as low as 30% accuracy). The test has been imposed on sex offenders with questionable results. It amounts to strapping a rubber band around the penis and judging results from the increase in the circumference (which could be caused by a number of factors, from relaxation to compulsion). The interpretation of the test, and the test itself, is subjective and not objective. (Sometimes they present ambiguous images to the subject, such as a woman that looks like a child, or a girl that looks like a boy; or a teen who looks younger or older.) If one has an agenda, they can easily skew the results. Therefore, this so-called finding, and the intent of the poster, seems calculated to validate female oriented pedophilia by claiming this propensity for nearly all men. As a gay man attracted to boys, I find this suggestion offensive. Since homosexuality is said to be around 10% of the population for males, the poster seems to be suggesting that 100% of heterosexual males are attracted to preteen girls. Women who buy into your posts will no doubt find ample validation in their contention that all males are "pigs." Is that really what you want? Is it a "little price" to pay for pushing the pedophile agenda? I find such thinking offensive, and I ask the poster to revise his thinking to accomodate a broader spectrum of interpretation for the male psyche.
Incidentally, truth22, "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
It's a question asked by way of example, to show how questions themselves can presuppose an unfair and undesirable answer. Such is your question, which assumes the answer in the question.
Gerste
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post