Our partner

Back Pain

Pain Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Back Pain

Postby shree123 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:51 am

I have know that back pain and joint pain is very common problem in old people. But I am just 32 years old. Most of the time I have spend in office. But now a day because of this back pain problem I not able to concentrate on work. Please help me. suggest something for my back pain problem.
shree123
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Back Pain

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Shree123, the first thing to suggest with your back pain, is a visit to your G P. He or she will probably prescribe something that can help. I had back problems for some time, and it does mess your life up, as it interferes with your day to day tasks, and your ability to sleep. I was eventually diagnosed with spinal osteoporosis, so please go and see your doctor. :)
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby dpfocjames » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 pm

To remove back pain, you should do
A combination of exercise that involves yoga, swimming and weight training and all these exercises should be done lightly.
Correcting posture and movement when sitting, in everyday life and when you perform back pain exercises you perform.
Use a hot tub regularly and get the affected area massaged.
Learn to target muscles that are tight and painful with careful stretches.
dpfocjames
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Irukanji » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 am

shree123 wrote:I have know that back pain and joint pain is very common problem in old people. But I am just 32 years old. Most of the time I have spend in office. But now a day because of this back pain problem I not able to concentrate on work. Please help me. suggest something for my back pain problem.

One of the things which I found have helped with my back is to lift weights. Things like RDL's and clean pulls help strengthen the back. Along with some ab work and squats, it should help to relieve the problems.

However, one of the biggest problems with office workers and having bad backs is the seat they sit in. Ensure it is adjusted correctly, and if possible have a small pile of books under the table to rest your feet on. If your knees are slightly higher, it will pull your back muscles down and help to correct your posture.

Other than that, a GP will help. As will yoga.
Irukanji
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 pm

Postby lorrie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:03 am

Hi. I am having a bad time with degerative disc disease through by back. Last year I tried to work with a personal trainer and it definately helped my depression but seemed to aggravate my back afterwards though not at the time. So last week I decided to start swimming - while I am in the water all the pressure comes off and I have more range of movement, but as soon as gravity takes over it is back to pain. With time the correct muscles might strengthen and give me more chance of a better quality of life, and one where I can return to some sort of employment. Maybe some sort of gentle movement will get things moving in a better direction. Good luck.
lorrie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 am

Return to Pain Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post