Our partner

could this cure you?

Pain Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

could this cure you?

Postby bluesky » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I have RSD. I wonder why there are RSD posts in the Somatoform forum. RSD is not a Somatoform disease. I hope you will all feel better very soon.

In addition to a nerve entrapment that gives me RSD symptoms, I used to have lots of pain in most of my muscles. My body used to hurt all over and I could not really exercise for long as hard as I tried because my muscles would hurt so very much.

Well, one doctor checked my thyroid and it shows I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an atibody for my own thyroid, that is an autoimmune problem. I started to eat Kelp and use Clary Sage essential all and those things helped me some for whcih I was very thankful.

Finally, a doctor, an actual MD, told me that even though I had been tested for celiac disease and which result was negative, I could still be sensitive to gluten. Well, I completely stopped eating gluten anyway following his instructions and guess what. I am so much better!!!!! I still have RSD but the Fibromalgia-like , Myofascial-type pain are gone!!! What a difference!!! The doctor said that gluten can cause inflammation of the thyroid, that is why I had Hashimoto;s. When your thyroid is inflamed, pain can worse considerably. It has been a month I stopped eating gluten and I really feel much better. The doc said by 5 months I should feel the maximum effects of a gluten free diet. I am able to exerice so much more and i feel the RSD is fading a little bit.

Try it. It might work for you too!

Good luck! :)
bluesky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: could this cure you?

Postby FrayedEndOfSanity » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 am

I'm glad you shared this! I just want to add that folks should probably check with their doc to see if they're allergic to any food they might be switching to.

All in all, great find. Thanks for posting! :)
Do not take my advice before talking to your doctor/counselor/other professional. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find free, confidential care. Most importantly, sometimes your shrink can be wrong. Get a second opinion.
FrayedEndOfSanity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 am

Re: could this cure you?

Postby shree123 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:25 am

I have heard about RSD. I think it is recoverable. People just want to take some precautions in this. This is very important to eat the healthy food. I think concern your doctor, they will suggest you better on this. Hope you will recover from this.
shree123
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am

Return to Pain Disorder Forum