Our partner

Arik's Dream Journal (Replies Welcome)

Journals for member's. Contact staff if you'd like to start one.
Forum rules
Please ask staff to start to the forum for you. Also let us know if replies or welcome or if you'd like to have it just for you.

Re: Arik's Dream Journal (Replies Welcome)

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:02 am

March 18, 2020

I just woke up, and one of the first things I'm doing is record my dream. I don't remember much of anything. As the dream was ending, I repeated the words "soft ten," as if I had to remember those two words. The dream showed me a pillow in the shape of the Number 10 to help me remember. I also remember something from the dream that has to do with Japanese names and their meaning.

This morning, the first thing I did was translating "soft ten" into Japanese, which is "sofuto ten." I did not know if there was supposed to be a space or not. I googled it both ways. I first googled it without spacing, and, of course, I got a lot of Japanese websites. I clicked, "Images." There were a few references to IME (Input Method), which is a Google input tool. The remaining images had to do with Japanese sports.

I googled "sofuto ten" with spacing, and I got references to FamilyMart Malaysia, towels sold through Amazon.co.uk, and the Deviant Art account, sofuto-chan. I looked through that artist's drawings, and none of them struck me as being significant.

Mom gave me her interpretation. "The calamities that have accrued and will be accruing some will see as a 10 but what is coming will not destroy us, in other words the softness suggest it is and will be survivable."
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:05 am

July 1, 2020

In my latest dream, I was a music teacher in a school for gifted cats. I had one student who had raw talent but no interest in pursuing music. The only reason she was there was that it was a required class. I don't remember what career she was seeking, but whatever it was, she focused all of her energy on it.

For whatever reason, her career path did not pan out. She decided to fall back on her other talent, which is music. She went on a TV talent show but did not make it past the first round because she did not develop that talent.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:07 am

July 18, 2020

Mom told me that a company is buying what's left of Braniff, the name, and whatever assets it has in my latest dream. In doing so, there would be a change in the timeline, but I did not think much of the difference in the universe. After all, how much damage can buying a bankrupt airline cause?

I went to bed, not thinking anything would happen. I woke up the following morning in a world in which the map of *mod edit* was redrawn. *mod edit*

There were changes to other streets, but I don't remember which ones or how they were changed. There were more businesses on *mod edit* and a few other subtle changes.

I made a mental note to contact F to ask him how one company buying a bankrupt airline could rearrange the streets of a suburban city.

What's more, the dream was so realistic that I pulled up a *mod edit* map when I woke up this morning. The streets are as I remember.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: privacy issues please be mindful of information given out in posts
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:10 am

August 30, 2020

In last night's dream, Mom, Dad, and I were somewhere around the west coast, California or Nevada. We were at a car dealership or an auto show. We talked with an individual or a group about the decline in new car sales due to the pandemic and the current trend among vehicles sold. Those who did buy cars either bought low-end vehicles such as the Chevrolet or high end such as Cadilac. People were not buying mid-range, such as Buick.

The award for Car of the Year was about to be announced. We were expecting it to be Cadilac. Surprise! The award went to Buick, a car that was not selling well. Buick won because of parts or features from Europe, which Cadilac did not use.

The sun was setting when we hit the road going east. I have no idea why we didn't wait until morning. All three of us sat in the front seat. Dad was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and Mom was in the middle. Again, I don't know why. It must have been a big car.

I noticed we were swerving in the lane and turned to Dad to see what was going on. No one was hanging onto the steering wheel.

I asked, "Who's driving the car?" However, I did not wait for an answer. I reached across the car using my left arm and grabbed the steering wheel to stay in the lane.

Mom answered my question, "You are."

To which I replied, "I can't drive from the passenger seat while holding the steering wheel with my left hand."
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:12 am

September 4, 2020

The night before last, I found a lost or forgotten artificial intelligent doll at a bus stop on *mod edit*, near a house I lived in as a child, in my dream. The doll was deactivated, so I reactivated her. She confirmed that her child abandoned her and that this was not a case of said child misplacing and searching for her doll. The doll told me that she was in pain and was glad because it made her feel alive or human. I can't remember which of the two words she used.

In the following scene, I was observing Passover with a large group of people. I had the doll with me because I wanted her artificial intelligence to run a simulation. An adjustment had to be made because there was a problem. We had no grape juice, so we used a powdered drink mix.

During Passover, we watched a Steven Spielberg movie of the Book of Ruth. Spielberg took obvious liberties, but those liberties made the film entertaining. He made it a time travel movie. In it, Ruth, a time traveler, had to make sure she married Boaz. Otherwise, King David would not have been born.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: privacy issues please be mindful of information given out in posts
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:14 am

October 13, 2020

In last night's dream, my neighbor J came over, but during the visit, he became sick. I drove him home in my white, late 1980s Grand Marquis Colony Park, though he only lives three houses down from us.

I pulled into his driveway and let him out. As I'm pulling out of the driveway, the scene changes. I'm in a building, waiting for an elevator to go down. Some people approached and pushed the button to go up. The elevator door opens, and I walk in with the others, not paying attention to where the elevator is going. I stepped into the large, antique freight elevator. The elevator goes up, and I realize I got on too soon. "Oh well," I thought, "I'll just ride it all of the way through."

I get to my floor, step out of the elevator and realize I left Mom's hat in the elevator. However, I don't remember having Mom's hat with me. I just knew that I left her hat behind. I pushed the button to open the elevator doors expecting to see a single hat in there and grab it. After all, according to the law of averages, if you leave a hat behind, know where you left it, and see a hat in the spot where you left it, the hat that you see is the hat that you had left behind. I experienced no such luck. I get back into the elevator, and I see many hats scattered all over the place. Those hats were not there a few seconds ago. I'm like, "Oh [great], which hat is Mom's?"

To summarize, I drive to J's house in a Colony Park, get back home in an elevator, and lose a hat that I never had with me in the first place.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: names shortened to one letter- privacy/anonymity concerns
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:16 am

October 21, 2020

In last night's dream, I was the one taking care of my jr. high school's ermine. Because of that, the ermine was referred to as my pet though he belonged to the school. Of course, I graduated out of jr. high and moved on.

Fast forward to the present. I got a call. That school was closing, and the caller wanted to know if I wanted my pet ermine. An ermine does not have a long life span, and, given the number of years, I figured that the ermine in question is the great, great-grandson of the ermine I took care of in jr. high. Since the ermine in question is a descendant, I happily agreed.

In the dream, I was wearing a *mod edit* T-shirt. We drove the blue Crown Vic that we sold many years ago, and we bought back Grandma's house, which we sold in the 1980s.

I don't know what it all means, but everything in the dream was a reference to the past: jr. high, high school, the Crown Vic we had in the 80s, and Grandma's house.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: anonymity and privacy
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:18 am

November 15, 2020

In last night's dream, I followed a court case in which a man had inappropriately touched a woman. There was an unjust tern of events when it was revealed that the woman had a spiked wrist band on her person at the time of the incident. That case was dismissed, and I was fed up with the miscarriage of justice because of a legal technicality. I called Mom to pick me up at the courthouse.

Mom arrived with my sister C in the front passenger seat. Naturally, I opened the door to the back seat, behind the front passenger. When I did, I saw Karli from Sesame Street sitting behind the driver, and she had her stuff with her. The Muppet girl was alive as she would have appeared on the show.

When I inquired, Mom told me that she was coming home with us. I don't remember if the duration of time was brought up.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:20 am

December 12, 2020

This week I had two dreams that I remember. In the first one, my neighbor from *mod edit*, J, started and operated a Hello Kitty cemetery in a vacant lot next to her house.

As you can imagine, the Hello Kitty Cemetery had Hello Kitty statues and Hello Kitty-themed memorial stones.

The second dream started with Dad helping me choose a car to buy. I can't remember what make of car it was, but it was a stripped-down full-size car with four engine choices: an I4, a large and a small I6, and a V8. I choose the large I6.

Later in the second dream, my sister C, Mom, my wife, and I worked out living arrangements, more precisely, how to fairly divide the cost of utilities. For the most part, that was very straightforward. The one thing brought up was that not everyone uses the same amount of hot water.
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Arik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:22 am

December 26, 2020

In my latest dream, an ongoing story is currently being written. After several years, it spread over several volumes and gained a following. What made these books so unusual is they did not have a writer. Instead, the story was written by a bunch of writers. A writer would pick up where the last writer left off.

I don't remember the plot other than it tells of its female protagonist's adventures.

A committee would decide which submission becomes cannon and which does not. The committee would set up the scene, and the writers would write the scene. When that scene was complete, the committee would set up the next scene. And of course, there were rules:

Don't write anything that would contradict what is cannon.

Don't write anything that is used for advertising or promoting an ideology.

Don't include yourself in the story (writers could get around this rule by creating a character based on themselves).
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Online Journals

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post