Our partner

OCD - Obessive Questioning

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

OCD - Obessive Questioning

Postby DoDecaDon » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:37 am

Hello all,
I hope you don't mind me posting this here. My Therapist questioned if I had ever been screened for OCD, I am starting to think I have it as well.

I am feeling guilty, I obsessively question my parent's motives in the past. Most of my life I have has a worry or anxiety of some sorts. Recently I have been questioning why my Mum and Dad did certain things when I was younger. The obsessive nature of the questions now leads to verbal rows with my Mum and Dad. I never really realise how often I bring things up until it's too late and things have ended in a row.

I feel trapped, guilty and a burden. Mum Said I was bordering on abusive. I try not to shout but me questioning her a lot she sees as provoking.

I often want to end things, and stupidly told my mum I wanted to die. I feel like such a POS.
DoDecaDon
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: OCD - Obessive Questioning

Postby Snaga » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:33 pm

A screening might prove illuminating. Contrary to the pop culture image of OCD, it's not all about counting, or being neat (I'm most definitely not a neat person).

DoDecaDon wrote:I often want to end things, and stupidly told my mum I wanted to die. I feel like such a POS.

A common sentiment in this forum. When my anxieties get really bad, I have suicide ideation. I don't worry too much about expressions of that, in this forum, because it's so common with OCD, it seems. I mean, I don't really want to die- I'd have done it, if so. But I think we just want to run away from our minds. Sometimes it's in my head so much, that to me now it's mostly just mental white noise, I sort of tune it out, and rarely take my own thoughts of suicide seriously. I think about what could actually come down upon my head, that would make me really, really do it... and then I get scared at the thought of having to. So, obviously, I don't really want that. I just think that suicidal thoughts (but not actually being suicidal) seems to be quite common in us.
We do not delete posts.
Please do read the Forum Rules
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post