Our partner

It is currently Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:37 am

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Close call with a near overdose

Due to my bad life choices, I took 2 pills yesterday afternoon. I've taken this stuff loads of times with no issue but not in a while and never this type.

I took it just before driving. Arrived home and new I was in trouble but I couldn't walk. I managed to find diazepam, took four to calm myself. Found some energade and tried to just go to sleep.

I was so out of my ...
Read more : Close call with a near overdose | Views : 1140 | Replies : 3

Just wondering if this is bad.

I started drinking every night when I was 20 in 2012.
I drank 4 or 5 or 6 drinks every night, still functioned just fine.
At some point around 2014, I started drinking up to 10 shots of tequila every night and was still okay.
Around 2015 I'd occasionally wake up in the middle of the night on days off and drink an additional 6 shots or so, enjoy my drunkenness, do chores and such, ...
Read more : Just wondering if this is bad. | Views : 1691 | Replies : 9

What substances fine to me

Hi guys, First of all I have to apologise for my bad english
I'm 18 years old now and I'm clean since dec 2019 now.
I started smoking pot when I was 15 and 1 month after I used to smoke a lot every day.
6 months later I started using strong drugs of a lot of type often and mixed together. That was the worst mistake I could ever done. I started to become ...
Read more : What substances fine to me | Views : 1310 | Replies : 3

Is learning about how addiction works helpful for an addict?

Would learning about how addiction works on a psychological level increase the chances of an addict overcoming their addiction?
Read more : Is learning about how addiction works helpful for an addict? | Views : 699 | Replies : 0

Non addictive personality and cocaine use

Cocaine addiction is classified more as a psychological addiction rather than a physical addiction. I know that logical addiction is much harder for one to control compared to a physical addiction.

I have a friend that claims to have a non addictive type personality, shows all the traits associated with that and has even been told bye a psychologist that my friend does indeed show all the characteristics of having a non addictive personality.

My ...
Read more : Non addictive personality and cocaine use | Views : 804 | Replies : 1

Addicted to alcohol?

Apparently my team think I'm dependant on alcohol bc it makes me feel better. I drink maybe twice a week but was refused help before bc of it. They said I didn't have enough routine. Anyway, alcohol actually cheers me up son I don't drink that much so I don't think it's an addiction x

Willow
Read more : Addicted to alcohol? | Views : 741 | Replies : 2

Rehab is Crap

Over the years, I have taken sooo many of my friends to rehab.
After a while, I started noting a pattern...

I would bring S. in because he was hooked on pills. They would get them off them by putting him on other pills. They would send him home.
18 months later I would be back with him because he was hooked on THOSE pills.
Rinse, repeat...

If I ran the joint, people would go ...
Read more : Rehab is Crap | Views : 674 | Replies : 0

Dealing with problems

I was living a happy life with my family for years until the last 2 years. I've had problems dealing with emotional, psychological and life doesn't seem to be turning out good for me. I'm not suicidal though but I get depressed.
During those times I met someone that introduced me to this product called CBD. It helped me a lot during the hard times but now I'd like to stop using it. **Supplier link ...
Read more : Dealing with problems | Views : 972 | Replies : 1

Acid may have me hooked

Little back story I have aspd so human connection has been a truly scarce commodity in my brain. I did three hits of acid and my whole world changed. I actually felt connected. I am married and it was the most emotional I have ever been with my wife in the 10 years we been together. Never have I ever felt that kind of feeling before its hard to even put a word on it.
Read more : Acid may have me hooked | Views : 1417 | Replies : 2

Being a husband and a father drove me to Opiates/Kratom

I know I know. I’m a horrible person. But, it’s true. I have had horrible anxiety all my life, and am highly emotionally susceptible to criticism due to verbal abuse as a child, and that will never change. Now, I’m the husband of a 7-yr-old boy who has the complete opposite personality of mine (he’s hyper and demands attention all the time, I’m laid back and like to be left alone), and a wife who ...
Read more : Being a husband and a father drove me to Opiates/Kratom | Views : 1555 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2165006 • Total topics 182430 • Total members 214353