Our partner

It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:12 am

News News of Self Help Books

Site map of Self Help Books » Forum : Self Help Books

Self Help Books message board, open discussion, and online support

can't recommend one

Try doing an Amazon search and see what the comments from people are under the book reviews.

I'm just sad it's called a "disorder." I think it shouldn't be thought of that way, but that's the world we live in...
Read more : can't recommend one | Views : 1541 | Replies : 2

What Self Help Books Have Helped You?

Share the books that have helped you deal with anything from Anxiety, depression, PTSD, Abuse issues, NPD etc etc.

Mine so far are:

-Don't Panic- R.Reid Wilson <-- For anxiety

-The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook- Edmund J. Bourne <-- For anxiety

-Self Esteem Workbook: Glenn R. Schiraldi <---self esteem and self confidence

-Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society - Bessel A. van der Kolk, Alexander C. McFarlane, and Lars ...
Read more : What Self Help Books Have Helped You? | Views : 19294 | Replies : 76

Books on accepting homosexuality

Know any?
I am in a position where my mental health is being compromised by me not accepting it.
I am trying to get into touch with my 'other' self that has these desires. I am finding the more I repel, the more forceful it becomes. If I am more aware of it on a conscious level then maybe I can control it.

The main aim is acceptance. I dont want to propagate it, just ...
Read more : Books on accepting homosexuality | Views : 1094 | Replies : 1

Books dealing with NPD

Here's a quick list of some books that I and others have found helpful both to those with NPD, and those who wish to understand NPD better. Please know that these books are not written in a Sam Vaknin fashion and they are not brutal on those with NPD. They offer insight and have been found useful to many with NPD who are trying to change themselves.
I always want to encourage healing, change and ...
Read more : Books dealing with NPD | Views : 20077 | Replies : 37

AMAZING aspergers book

I just finished reading this amazing aspergers book last night. It's called 'Martian in the playground' by Clare Sainsbury, has anyone else read it?

With the exception of some things discussed in it, it is the story of my childhood at school.
I found that page after page I could relate to virtually everything being discussed.
I got it as a gift from my uncle (he has AS) and I am so grateful to him ...
Read more : AMAZING aspergers book | Views : 844 | Replies : 1

Books ?

Does anyone know of any good books on the subject of NPD?
Ive looked at a couple which are available on Amazon, but they all seem to look at it from the perspective of having a partner with NPD. Im more interested in the disorder in general, and how they operate / what makes them tick. :?:
Read more : Books ? | Views : 666 | Replies : 1

Trying to find a book that relates!

I definitely have a low self-esteem and I am wondering if alot of it could be from my mother not being in my life since I was 8 yrs old? I am 38 now. Also, I would like to find a book that concentrates on the issue at hand. not a generalistic one,but one that is specific to an adult that grew up without a mother(not because of death). A list of books would be ...
Read more : Trying to find a book that relates! | Views : 1297 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2165497 • Total topics 182492 • Total members 214906