Our partner

It is currently Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:54 am

News News of Self Help Books

Site map of Self Help Books » Forum : Self Help Books

Self Help Books message board, open discussion, and online support

Dialectical Therapy Book for Anxiety and Depression

There is a very readable and helpful workbook called "Depressed and Anxious, The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Workbook for Overcoming Depression and Anxiety" by Thomas Marra. You can go to Alibris, a used and new book site to find it maybe for less than full price. A lot of DBT books seemed complicated to me, and written as much for therapists as their clients. This is a client centered book, but also can be brought to ...
Read more : Dialectical Therapy Book for Anxiety and Depression | Views : 2442 | Replies : 2

Has anyone read Jung & Freud?

Did it help and are there studies and teachings worth looking into? I don't want to spend a whole lot of energy into something as far back as the 19/20th century, I mean as clever as they were, I just can't see half of it being relevant in todays society.

One thing I know is I don't want to waste time on something that simply won't help in the end, theres too many "read this ...
Read more : Has anyone read Jung & Freud? | Views : 2363 | Replies : 2

Bipolar For Beginners: for those just diagnosed and families

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder in October 2011. When the psychiatrist announced the news, he didn't give me any additional information. “Have you got any questions?” he asked, but I didn't know what to ask, so I said nothing. I was previously diagnosed with depression in 2004, and lived with that diagnosis for seven years. Bipolar II was something completely new to me; I barely even heard about existence of such disorder. ...
Read more : Bipolar For Beginners: for those just diagnosed and families | Views : 2141 | Replies : 0

BPD plays the major role in new novel - "Delbert Judd"

After ten years of marriage, Delbert Judd is still desperately in love with his wife, Hannah. Delbert Judd is also desperately lost.

He doesn’t get out of the house much, but that’s by design. The fewer interactions with others, the better his odds are that Hannah will not go off on him or sink into an unfathomable depression. Delbert can rarely predict what might offend his wife next. Hannah suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder.

Delbert ...
Read more : BPD plays the major role in new novel - "Delbert Judd" | Views : 2432 | Replies : 4

Before posting in this forum

Pls read surveys-studies/topic44450.html as this applies also in the Self Help Books.
Read more : Before posting in this forum | Views : 12312 | Replies : 0

Dark Souvenirs by Evelyn Lybelle

Dark Souvenirs (A Candid Memoir of Incest and Child Abuse in Middle Class America) by Evelyn Lybelle ISBN: 9-781495-398926

I just came across this book and was blown away by it. I've read a lot of books on child abuse where the author addresses the abuse, but this one goes beyond - not just talking about how she healed, but how she went on to heal others.

I expected this to be a tell-all on ...
Read more : Dark Souvenirs by Evelyn Lybelle | Views : 2132 | Replies : 0

self-help articles describing techniques that actually work!

This website is about learning how to fight your problems. Coming from a background as somebody who has manic depression, borderline personality disorder and a.d.d, I’ve spent years battling my mental illness. I started reading books about emotional intelligence and self development, and I learned not only how to control my moods but how to change my life completely. I’ve spent many years in misery and self-pity, and I learned how to get out of ...
Read more : self-help articles describing techniques that actually work! | Views : 2596 | Replies : 1

The Law of the Garbage Truck

The Law of the Garbage Truck by David J. Pollay

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport.

We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches!

The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started ...
Read more : The Law of the Garbage Truck | Views : 2221 | Replies : 0

"The Conquest of Happiness" - B. Russell

Hi. This is my first post (other than the obligatory introduction to make sure you are not a robot/spammer) and I thought that sharing knowledge of Bertrand Russell's insightful book "The Conquest of Happiness" would be a good place to start.

Written between the World Wars, this book may not appeal to our society on the surface. But keep in mind that Bertrand Russell was one of the most intelligent people who ever lived. As ...
Read more : "The Conquest of Happiness" - B. Russell | Views : 2167 | Replies : 0

Wonderful Book for ED help

The book I am reading right now is 8 Keys to Recovering from and Eating Disorder by: Karolyn Costin and Gwen Schubert Grabb. It has been a great help to me, someone who is diagnosed with bulimia. It not only has amazing information in it that makes me think, personal reflections from others who have EDs, and writing assignments for each topic taught to help you understand and identify with everything.
Read more : Wonderful Book for ED help | Views : 2146 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2167125 • Total topics 182708 • Total members 217583