Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 pm

News News of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

Site map of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum » Forum : Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

PTSD and loneliness

Hi all,

I'd be grateful for any advice anyone can offer. The loneliness epidemic is very real, made worse by how uncivilized times are in the 2020s. I turn 40 this year and by my age most people have spouses or partners and are caring for children and aging parents and sick family members, plus already have their friendship circles set. Few have the time or emotional resources to welcome a new person into their ...
Read more : PTSD and loneliness | Views : 279 | Replies : 1

Possible Emotional Trauma Symptom?

Hey I just had to cut a “friend” off due to bullying and sexual harassment and I couldn’t do it anymore because of my mental health suffering. And now I feel guilt, I experience flashbacks, I have trust issues now and paranoia etc. but the number one troubling symptom is sudden onset of depression. I was fine earlier and then the depression just came back. It just came on all of the sudden. It feels ...
Read more : Possible Emotional Trauma Symptom? | Views : 786 | Replies : 1

Having A Hard Time With PTSD

The other night I was awake almost the entire night having nightmares, night terrors, and panic attacks. I'm on Prazosin but it doesn't always work. I know it's because I started reading books about Narcissistic and Sociopathic abuse. I finally have vocabulary words, concepts, and an understanding of what I endured with family, ex-romantic partners, and even ex-friends. I'm a magnet for these kinds of people because I am an HSP and empath. I feel ...
Read more : Having A Hard Time With PTSD | Views : 1851 | Replies : 0

someone please help depression loneliness and panic atta

someone please help me I am feeling depressed and alone and have been getting panic attacks because I just left a very abusive friend group and I feel like I have no one and I am scared that I will not be able to find a less abusive friend group that accepts me I am feeling soo scared and I am struggling to see any hope for my future

I have my mother to talk ...
Read more : someone please help depression loneliness and panic atta | Views : 2316 | Replies : 0

ptsd and childhood trauma and neglect

Hey everyone

I was just curious about any responses I might get on a psych forum, my 1st post, from posting some of my struggles.

I basically had childhood trauma and neglect (divorce, alcohol, drugs, narcissism), and I wasn't really aware of how all the pieces made sense about how I got to where I am at, until I started to try to figure it out, with limited success. I am also realizing the need ...
Read more : ptsd and childhood trauma and neglect | Views : 2194 | Replies : 1

What is imagery rescripting and how does it work?

Hello! Please tell me more about how this therapeutic technique helps to work with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). What are its main pros and cons?
Read more : What is imagery rescripting and how does it work? | Views : 2610 | Replies : 1

Dr. Janina Fisher's "Healing the Fracture Selves..."

I have a preliminary diagnosis based on screening interview and submitted written history of c-PTSD. Please advise if there is a better sub for this.

CSA as a toddler -- no memory of it, but fairly radical observed behaviour change -- much quieter, and extreme modesty. This was followed by emotional neglect until I left home. Dad was always a bit remote. After heart surgery when I was 14 he came home with only a ...
Read more : Dr. Janina Fisher's "Healing the Fracture Selves..." | Views : 2211 | Replies : 2

Dreams - a different view

It's been 47 years since my trauma. I still have debilitating dreams. I have come to imagine the dreams as knotted up muscles in my brain, and the physical fear as painful gas bubbles buried deep beneath layers and layers of knotted up muscles (dreams). Once the gas bubbles begin to come through it may become too painful and the knotted up muscles push it back again. By controlling the dream the gas is released ...
Read more : Dreams - a different view | Views : 2181 | Replies : 1

I'm a bad daughter

I've been having so many terrible flashbacks (times of abuse) and flashfowards (imagining what will happen in the future). I feel like a little child though I'm really a youngish adult. I have schizophrenia and PTSD, and I keep hearing today, "you're a bad daughter, you're a bad daughter." It hurts so badly. Every little sound comes as a sign against me, every spoken word feels like pain that I caused. My mom used to ...
Read more : I'm a bad daughter | Views : 2404 | Replies : 2

Living with my former abuser

I live a state that swings between confusion and happiness. Though I work as a teacher and live a full adult life, due to my disability (schizophrenia), I stay with my mother, who abused me for years, especially as a teenager and young adult. Let me stress, she is currently one of the most lovely people you could know. She shows me genuine care as well as though around her. When she abused me, she ...
Read more : Living with my former abuser | Views : 2175 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226293