Our partner

It is currently Sun May 22, 2022 8:44 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Help…

I’m so lost… I feel like I’m living in a groundhogs day hell loop and I can’t escape it.

My (26M) partner (23M) and I have been together for three years. When we first met, he warned me about his RAD and how tough it would be for me if I wanted to pursue a relationship with him. For the past two years of our relationship I have been begging him to get help and ...
Read more : Help… | Views : 798 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

I probably getting my first kiss soon.

I am nervous for my first kiss. Every time someone tries to kiss me I chicken out. What should I do?
Read more : I probably getting my first kiss soon. | Views : 429 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Relationship Forum

Not sure if I qualify...

Hey, I have previously posted in another section, but was soldiers might be better, even though i'm not sure that we,qualify as dissociative, assailants know what's going on with each other. My alter Jack is always there, he just sometimes takes a back seat...
Read more : Not sure if I qualify... | Views : 783 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

my business partner has hpd, she hit on me and rejected me

i have been running a small business and i work with a client who is married for 2 years now. she has all the signs of hpd. our work is going well. she flirted/hit on me and she keeps asking me if i am seeing anyone and staring at my muscles etc. i told her i liked her one day and asked if she wants to take it further. and she immediately says i took ...
Read more : my business partner has hpd, she hit on me and rejected me | Views : 397 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Relationship Forum

Integration question?

If your 'team' consists of non-human or fictive characters (made up, based on other real-life people or from books/tv etc) ...what happens to them after the 'human alters' ...or 'different versions of me' integrate?

For example if a child alter created the fictives then the child alter grows up in order to integrate with the host or to be the new host?..will the inside world where they visited them disappear?

I feel many questions coming ...
Read more : Integration question? | Views : 848 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Thanks

Just when you think there’s nowhere else to go and no-one to listen or understand you stumble across this site in hope of something that will help. I don’t know what I would have done recently without an outlet like this and the great advice and support from people on here. If I say thank you a million times it still won’t be enough. I’ve got hope now instead of despair.
Read more : Thanks | Views : 790 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

Uncontrollable Rapid Switching

Possible trigger warning because of some random mentioning of stiff, UGH, why can't I speell right now. I ment mentioning of stuff. sorry.

Oh, please help with any advice. Sorry if I sound- uh, I can't think too great as I trype this. I feel out of it, so sorry if it looks that. way. Too weak right now to focus too much on greammer. UGH. I meant grammer. That doesn't even look right.

Anyway ...
Read more : Uncontrollable Rapid Switching | Views : 1062 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Introduction

Greetings. This is my first time visiting, and first posting on this forum. My son has been diagnosed with Autism, and is struggling with treatment resistant OCD. He has ADHD and ODD as well. He definitely has a hard time dealing with uncertainty, and his OCD mostly presents itself as the need to verify what he has been told or what he understands... is correct. He just turned 18 and will be graduating from high ...
Read more : Introduction | Views : 529 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

about different types of trauma

hello there! long time no see. hope everyone's doing well.

i know there are lots of issues around trauma and what constitutes as "severe" and stuff, but lately i've been thinking about it more and more. it may be because i've been !@#@ for months now without almost any contact from the others and at this point it feels like they're too far for me to reach or that we're just living as one, so ...
Read more : about different types of trauma | Views : 746 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Mental hook?

Hi, I haven't been here for ages for a multitude of reasons.

Still seeing a psychiatrist and that but in this country he can't help me with my dissociation problems of which there have been a few so that's irritating. He's given me a mood diary to do.

Anyway my prompting in my mind to come here has been a question in the back of my mind for quite a while.

Is it possible to ...
Read more : Mental hook? | Views : 731 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2169670 • Total topics 182994 • Total members 220259