Our partner

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:20 pm

News News of Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum

Site map of Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum » Forum : Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum

Dissociative Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Should I Keep an Open Mind?

I think this topic is better for the NOS forum.

I'm not officially diagnosed with anything, I should say. I've just been researching on my own time when I am able to. I've been trying to get into a mental health program for a while, but it's hard to get anything back or to get anywhere with dissociative issues. There have been a number of roadblocks. It is still a priority of mine, but I ...
Read more : Should I Keep an Open Mind? | Views : 326 | Replies : 0

I forgot how difficult it is

Hello! This is my first post here and it's kind of an explanation on why I joined. I was diagnosed with DID fairly young--- I always struggled with general DPDR but started showing some extreme behavior in my teens (like, there were people in my life who knew exactly which alter was which before any of us had any idea of what DID was).

I'm so grateful I caught it when I did, because my ...
Read more : I forgot how difficult it is | Views : 1007 | Replies : 1

DID vs OSDD over time

I used to have DID... after many years of growth and healing, and practice, I don't know if DID is still the right description. I am still in parts, but less distinct and rarely in conflict anymore. Until a recent major stressor, I was going years at dormant levels with a single host fronting for the whole system. Now things are shaken up and there are switches again... but the differences are muffled now and ...
Read more : DID vs OSDD over time | Views : 1548 | Replies : 1

Systematized amnesia

Unsure if this falls under this category.

My wife has severe PTSD from a few traumatic experiences in her life from as young as 7 years old. She has attempted to explain to me that her mind is similar to what we see in the movie DreamCatcher. She has never seen the movie. She explains she is able to erase memories at will or “file them away”.

3 years ago she was having a episode ...
Read more : Systematized amnesia | Views : 1906 | Replies : 0

Just got diagnosed and am profoundly confused

Hi.

I was just recently diagnosed with PTSD and OSDD, I don't know which one because my therapist was pretty casual about it and I didn't even know to ask. From what I read, I guess it would be 1a, but I don't even feel like I do that. I don't feel like I have parts. I just don't remember a lot of things. I do space out. I do the maladaptive daydreaming every day ...
Read more : Just got diagnosed and am profoundly confused | Views : 1849 | Replies : 2

Is this dissociation? Related to a dissociative disorder?

Basically, I just wanted opinions as to if it's dissociation, and if it's related to a dissociative disorder or just depression/trauma response.

I use to do this daily in high school, but then it stopped for a while, and lately, it's come back. For a while now, daily, I wake up and stay in bed for 5-6 hours doing absolutely nothing other then daydreaming/thinking/being in a blank state of mind, and it feels like only ...
Read more : Is this dissociation? Related to a dissociative disorder? | Views : 1489 | Replies : 0

I believe I have lost a part of my personality

I had a traumatic childhood. My father was an alcoholic who was either missing (at the bar) or when he was home he was abusive. My mother was unfeeling, and acted as if my sisters and I were her slaves. I was either neglected or forced to do her work for her. When I was 11 my father had a breakdown and tried to commit suicide *mod edit- graphic detail*

After he was taken to ...
Read more : I believe I have lost a part of my personality | Views : 1689 | Replies : 2

Possible OSDD. Advice welcome

*possible trigger warning for brief mention of abuse*

Hi all. So I’ve been wondering since college (almost a decade ago) if I have a dissociative disorder. I know that I experienced emotional and physical child abuse until I was 17, when I was diagnosed with PTSD. Also diagnosed with ADHD (not sure if I really have that or if it was a misdiagnosis, depression (hospitalized freshman year of college) anxiety, self harm history. I ...
Read more : Possible OSDD. Advice welcome | Views : 2017 | Replies : 1

New System Fears & Loud Bang inside my Head?

Hi all, I know this is my first post so no one knows me yet, but I'm posting this in the hopes that someone might be on and have any suggestions.

Quick background; I very recently (as in last week) had a session with a healer in which I strongly experienced being in different part states in front of another person for the first time. I've had suspicions for about a year, but feeling that ...
Read more : New System Fears & Loud Bang inside my Head? | Views : 2573 | Replies : 9

What's a Partial Merger?

When I was in the psychiatric hospital in 2005, I was diagnosed with Disassociative Identity Disorder. However, the doctors soon changed it to Disassociative Disorder NOS because of one difference. I remember everything.

The doctors said that they needed to merge the two personalities. Not knowing anything, I went along. I saw a psychologist for the next two years, and, as of 2009, I thought that my alternate personality Jeanette was gone. Either 2010 or ...
Read more : What's a Partial Merger? | Views : 1856 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181052 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226261