Our partner

It is currently Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:37 am

News News of Dissociative Amnesia Forum

Site map of Dissociative Amnesia Forum » Forum : Dissociative Amnesia Forum

Dissociative Amnesia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Starting to lose my memory

I know what dissociation is and I know what amnesia is and I know I have alters and I don't know if it is just stressed...I think I have DID but have never actually forgot who I was before, have been having trouble remembering what I have done over the last month but know there was a lot of drama. It just feels like I am losing my memory. Is this a permanent thing? Is ...
Read more : Starting to lose my memory | Views : 1966 | Replies : 1

So confused can someone reasure me im not alone

I think i must have dissosociative amnesia. My new pcpn thinks its false memory ocd but i know my memories of what happened 6 months ago are real. Cpn wont even explore the possibility of amnesia and its so frustrating i just need to know whats happened to my mind and why im suppressing such life changing information. Do i have an alter? As what i know ive done is not something i would do. ...
Read more : So confused can someone reasure me im not alone | Views : 2451 | Replies : 4

Please Help! Brain blocked out a face!!! First time ever

Hi,

a little back story so this can be understood...

I fell in love for the first time in my life being older. I already have a family so it's not great timing. Nothing happened between us, just met in a work type environment. I haven't seen him for many months and we have no contact. He also has feelings for me, he told someone I know so a few months ago and tried to ...
Read more : Please Help! Brain blocked out a face!!! First time ever | Views : 2225 | Replies : 1

Why do i have this, is it normal?

Get angry and afterwards all i rememberd was me being angry but i don´t remember what. I don´t remember the conversation. I don´t remember a thing i said or a thing the other person said.
Having an argument that lasts weeks, months. And realised a while back i have no memorie of it. I don´t remember what we where arguing about, like i really don´t no what we where fighting about and what i was ...
Read more : Why do i have this, is it normal? | Views : 2062 | Replies : 0

Short term memory loss and dissociation?

I have generalized anxiety and PTSD. I've noticed that when I've had a conversation, been in a situation or even seen films or read books that make me uncomfortable (maybe not the right word but not sure how else to describe it), I have no memory after the fact. I hear all the time from friends and family, "how can you not remember that? We just talked about it yesterday? Or "we've seen this movie ...
Read more : Short term memory loss and dissociation? | Views : 2381 | Replies : 0

Multiple Personality?? memory loss

Hi i just typed a huge post for like an hour long..and when i went to submit it, it made me log in and then i lost it all OMG!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it.
Anyway.

i was writing wondering if Multiple personality is real or what?
I have severe memory problems but i saw a neurologist and i do not have alzeimers or anything in which i was worried about...also i can completely remember certain ...
Read more : Multiple Personality?? memory loss | Views : 2241 | Replies : 0

Did I dissociate? (TW)

I posted this on the BPD forum since that's what I'm diagnosed with and I've never experienced this before, but then I saw this forum and decided to post here too.

A few weeks ago I met this guy on a dating app. The first date went well, then the second date we went to his house. It wasn't until the next day when I was at his house again, and he casually brought up ...
Read more : Did I dissociate? (TW) | Views : 3170 | Replies : 5

Forgotten Miscarriage?

I was recently diagnosed with dissociation. I have suffered from dissociative amnesia for most of my life but wasn't diagnosed until now. I have managed to put some pieces together after speaking to childhood and teenage friends. One particular incident is very upsetting. My high school sweetheart, who I am once again dating, told me that I suffered a miscarriage at 16. I briefly remember this incident. All I can recall is a single conversation ...
Read more : Forgotten Miscarriage? | Views : 2145 | Replies : 1

Is my poor memory link to dissociation?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am in the right place. I've recently started going to therapy to try and deal with childhood issues relating to my parents divorce and my alcoholic mother who I still have a relationship with. I have a lot of difficulty remembering large chunks of my childhood except for a handful of events and occassions.E.g...When me and my brothers talk about our childhood we alway end up recalling the ...
Read more : Is my poor memory link to dissociation? | Views : 3990 | Replies : 8

Dissociating During Sex & Physical Injury

There are 2 situations in which I respond in a way that is becoming increasingly dangerous.

1) I forget sex. This really disturbed my most recent ex, and of course confused a number of other past lovers. Granted, this usually coincides with alcohol - the odd part is, I'll remember EVERYTHING else. I'll remember the pizza we ate before, the t.v. show we watched after, but I'll have NO MEMORY of the sex. To the ...
Read more : Dissociating During Sex & Physical Injury | Views : 3776 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2165007 • Total topics 182430 • Total members 214361