Our partner

It is currently Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 am

News News of Coping Methods & Techniques

Site map of Coping Methods & Techniques » Forum : Coping Methods & Techniques

Coping Methods & Techniques message board, open discussion, and online support

How can I stop doing this.

Hi,
I wonder if any of you guys can point me in the direction of where I can find some more information about this habit I seem to have.

When I was young I desperately wanted to be a famous actress as I am sure many young girls do. The reason I bring this up is because I recognise that the need to be famous was a need for something else. I used to imagine ...
Read more : How can I stop doing this. | Views : 1076 | Replies : 1

Hope you're doing good, bud.

Hey, guys. How are you all feeling?

I just thought I'd share these two wonderful sites. They are part of a whole project, but these two pages are particularly comforting (at least for me; feel free to explore). You may have heard of them, then again maybe not, but they help me at least a tiny bit when I've nothing else.

The Quiet Place is a page that will ask you to silence your phone, ...
Read more : Hope you're doing good, bud. | Views : 938 | Replies : 0

Need to make it through 4 days. Help pls.

I'm alone with my 1yo and my husband is away for the next 4 days. It feels like I'm heading toward a major crash. I'm extremely anxious and afraid, confused... I cant make it to a doctor until sometime next week and I'm under pressure at work. I can't even do my work, I'm just on another planet and so confused.

Is there anything I can do to calm down. I'm just afraid I'll harm ...
Read more : Need to make it through 4 days. Help pls. | Views : 750 | Replies : 5

Paranoia

I have paranoia about being followed, but I'm not psychotic. The reason I say this is due to a prior incident that triggered my paranoia. I really was being followed at one point, and since then my paranoia has gotten worse. I don't need anti-psychotics, because I'm not psychotic. I need to be able to deal with the paranoia some other way. I don't think my life is in danger anymore, but the paranoia is ...
Read more : Paranoia | Views : 768 | Replies : 3

She can't stop talking!

My friend's afraid of talking to ppl when she's on the toilet or in the shower, but she tries not to think about it, then it happens! She can't stop talking to GOD/The voice in her head(Inside her head/thinking). Then He gets angry. She says, "No, no,", clears her mind, and has done thought stopping in the past. She considers it disrespectful to sing radio songs, but she makes up her own.

HELP PLEASE!
Read more : She can't stop talking! | Views : 1611 | Replies : 18

Obsessive grudges

Hello.

Today I had an unpleasant encounter with a new psychiatrist (which refused to see me again without giving a reason).

He rubbed me off the wrong way several times and now I keep wondering why and how that appointment was so bizarre and why he refused to see me again. He actually gave one... said it is because I alreasy have one. I told him I was looking for a second opinion twice, but ...
Read more : Obsessive grudges | Views : 821 | Replies : 3

please help me, its urgent

today i woke up feeling the worse i've ever felt , sweating a lot and getting vivid flashbacks of my experience, (unknowingly had sex with a transgender) the feeling is terrible, i couldnt even escape the feeling by sleeping, i am wrestless , cannot stop moving, its keeps hitting me that i had sex with a man, i am vomiting continuously and my stomach has severe diahrrea because of all the disgusting images of what ...
Read more : please help me, its urgent | Views : 967 | Replies : 5

Taming the Monkey Mind

The monkey mind is a term sometimes used by the Buddha to describe the agitated, easily distracted and incessantly moving behaviour of ordinary human consciousness.

Once he observed: ‘Just as a monkey swinging through the trees grabs one branch and lets it go only to seize another, so too, that which is called thought, mind or consciousness arises and disappears continually both day and night.’

Anyone who has spent even a little time observing his ...
Read more : Taming the Monkey Mind | Views : 725 | Replies : 0

Where can I find the "spot the happy face" game/exercise?

Hi everyone,

I was watching a documentary about Michael Mosley who used a brain training game where he had to spot happy faces amongst some sad/angry ones with the goal of becoming more optimistic as a person.

Does anyone know where I might find this game or a similar one online?

Here is an article about the documentary:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... IMIST.html

Many Thanks in advance.

Have a great day!
Read more : Where can I find the "spot the happy face" game/exercise? | Views : 14222 | Replies : 2

Hi everyone

I am a newbie on these boards and am looking to find a way to deal with some issues that I didn't manage to deal with whilst I was getting CBT. So grateful for anyone who can read this.

Basically, when I was a toddler my family immigrated to the UK from- we were political refugees. My father is an activist and dedicated his life to this. My mother has spent much of ...
Read more : Newbie | Views : 482 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2167126 • Total topics 182709 • Total members 217585