Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 pm

News News of Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

Site map of Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum » Forum : Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sertraline has saved my life once again

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to come by to say that I'm so happy that I have my antidepressants who cures my obsessive thoughts related to my hair.

I would recommend everyone who is suffering from BDD just like me to try antidepressants out to cure the obsessive thinkning and depression related to this awful illness.

My medication, which is Sertraline 100 mg, sort of set my mind at "free" and now I can finally concentrate ...
Read more : Sertraline has saved my life once again | Views : 5052 | Replies : 1

Major post haircut depression (3 months in)

So it all started a few days before my 33rd birthday (3 months ago)

I got a bad haircut from a new hairdresser due to lack of communication i guess. It was very layered at the top and longer at the bottom and I felt like I needed to clip in my hair every time i got outsid

A week after I was just being the reckless me, went into a random salon near my ...
Read more : Major post haircut depression (3 months in) | Views : 4570 | Replies : 4

How different life could have been.

Growing up, I was a chronic mouth breather due to nasal polyps, which has caused me to have a recessed face. I was bullied and isolated a lot during my childhood, which has caused me pretty rough social anxiety and an obsession over my appearance. People tell me I look ok/pretty and guys do give me attention, but it all feels like pitty/hitting on me out of desperation as scientifically my face has very unattractive ...
Read more : How different life could have been. | Views : 3670 | Replies : 0

My BDD returned again worse than in a long time

Hi everyone, I've been writing here before about my BDD related to my hair. Two years ago my life was a living hell as I cut my own hair in the ugliest hairstyle ever, got extensions to try to cover it up bit it just got worse as the extensions got curly and could t blend in with my straight hair and i cut my hair just to make it fit with my own. Guess ...
Read more : My BDD returned again worse than in a long time | Views : 3885 | Replies : 2

Has this forum has become a haven for narcissism?

The whole point of bdd is a disorder of distorted appearance, and how you feel internally. Really though it's become more about vanity, lack of esteem/narcissism and peoples life stories.

- Used to go out nightly, got a bit of redness so now I don't go out anymore.

- People posting about crap they get from others about their looks, and his they want to "physically harm them in some way", yep that's narcissism. Also ...
Read more : Has this forum has become a haven for narcissism? | Views : 4442 | Replies : 2

Truth.

You really are beautiful when you smile. It begins in the eyes and radiates outward.
I wanted to share this short clip:
https://vimeo.com/144609368
Read more : Truth. | Views : 4004 | Replies : 0

My BDD story and thoughts

Hi everyone,
I have been writing here before as you might know. I'm a 23 year old female who will turn 24 this summer. I got the diagnose Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) in spring 2018 as I unexpectedly started to feel obsessed with my hair/haircut after cutting my own hair in my student apartment and didn't feel satisfied with the result. I got so obsessed with my hair and wanting it to look alright again ...
Read more : My BDD story and thoughts | Views : 4076 | Replies : 0

Feeling suicidal when watching videos of myself

I'm an average looking girl. Not pretty or ugly, just ######6 average looking. I watch videos of myself sometimes just to "remember" what I really look like from other people's view and I never feel completely happy with the way I look on any of the videos or pictures I have on my computer. I have always wanted to be beautiful and I watch these videos of me with the hope of maybe be able ...
Read more : Feeling suicidal when watching videos of myself | Views : 4934 | Replies : 3

Body dysmorpia get out of my life

I freaking hate body dysmorphia it is not allowing me to live my life properly. After a good day someone has to ruin it with a negative comment, I cannot deal with this, I just wanna be in peace I went these thoughts to be silenced and I want other rude insensitive people to shut the hell up. Thanks, thanks for stealing my peace of mind, giving me anxiety and sleepless nights, I just obsess ...
Read more : Body dysmorpia get out of my life | Views : 3973 | Replies : 0

My friend has bdd and he broke up with his gf

Okay, so he broke up with his gf, who he had been dating for a long time.

I met him online just after the break up online.
Anyway, he doesn’t want to go on. He doesn’t want to get over her. He doesn’t want to live anymore.
And while I can understand that because the relation they had was really so great, I don’t want him to give up on life. He is so talented, ...
Read more : My friend has bdd and he broke up with his gf | Views : 3897 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226292