Our partner

It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:42 am

News News of Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

Site map of Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum » Forum : Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Exercise in Theory of Mind

The following text is an example of what supposedly goes on in a cluster B "mind."
What is that?

Permanent Linkby
I am a hollow corpse. She uses me as a doormat

I always thought of myself as a bit of a tough guy. I don't back down from a fight. I don't care if they come at me with sharped bits of steel, I stand my ground. I take what I want. ...
Read more : Exercise in Theory of Mind | Views : 1265 | Replies : 37

How Are You with Understanding Implicit Rules / Norms?

▪How are you with understanding/knowing implicit norms?

▪Even if you don't care about them, do you still have awareness of them?

Definition:
"Implicit norms are the "unwritten," and generally understood and agreed upon, rules that play a significant role in the lives of group members. These rules are informal and not official rules but most people adhere to them naturally."

Example:
"the implicit norms that have come to exist surrounding the use of ATMs; staying ...
Read more : How Are You with Understanding Implicit Rules / Norms? | Views : 2730 | Replies : 87

Mind Quiz

What do you guys score on this test: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/who-does-it-affect/men/mind-quiz

My Results:

Depression and suicidal thoughts

Life is good. You sleep well, have a good self-image and enjoy having fun by yourself and with others.

Anger

You're like a skyrocket attached to a stick of dynamite attached to a pound of C-4 plastic explosives.

You're just one tiny incident away from detonating with rage. It's time for you to get some serious help.

Anxiety

From what ...
Read more : Mind Quiz | Views : 613 | Replies : 9

pretending there something there not.

it seems like a common theme recently is for the women of this forum to defend themselves by saying there not being something there not.

do u ever pretedn ur something ur not?

i like to talk openly about my experiences, but who i am and what im not isn't really on the forefront of my mind. i am on the everlong quest to find out who i am at my core, as my experiences ...
Read more : pretending there something there not. | Views : 3444 | Replies : 124

physical injury.

have u ever had injurys? what was ur experience and how did u cope?

a question several psychologists asked me: have u ever had a concussion? ive had two. i blacked out eating sht snowboarding and woke up at the bottom of the mountain in blood spilled snow. i got on the chairlift having no recollection of where i was and who i was with, so i asked the kids next to me and they ...
Read more : physical injury. | Views : 2023 | Replies : 36

Modern Day Jimmy Saville

justonemoreperson wrote:
ShaolinMonk wrote: perception of the other, and not the intent with which one may or may not choose to be recognized.

Perception is the tool. The intent is the goal. We use theory of mind on everything, because the intent of the other person is the only thing that matters. Understanding intent between humans is vital for our survival.
We perceive, or infer, motive from what we believe.

A man checks his phone in ...
Read more : Modern Day Jimmy Saville | Views : 2682 | Replies : 44

Prerequisite reading

On Philosophy
One of:
Simon Blackburn's Think
Thomas Nagel's What Does it All Mean?
Betrand Russell's The Problems of Philosophy

On Politics
Will Kymlicka's Contemporary Political Philosophy
Adam Swift's Political Philosophy

As a supplement on Enlightenment vs anti-enlightenment thought, Ian Shapiro's Moral Foundations of Politics has been turned into an online lecture-based course https://www.coursera.org/learn/moral-politics

This forum tends to make Enlightenment arguments on the basis of social contract (for ...
Read more : Prerequisite reading | Views : 916 | Replies : 11

Aaron Hernandez; psychopath

He had it all, million dollar contract with a world championship organization he was immensely talented and yet decided to murder few people. He eventually killed himself in jail... was he a psychopath, could he not avoid his fate?

Apparently he’s such a badass he’s been blocked
Read more : Aaron Hernandez; psychopath | Views : 965 | Replies : 3

Forgetting What's Obvious

Lately I've noticed a lot of things I used to dismiss as useless as they've not worked for me in the past, work. A really clear example would be taking medication regularly. I don't think it's abnormal to be unable to tell minor differences in the state of your mental health. Problem arises when they add up and solutions to any of them would make a significant difference. A healthy diet, enough exercise and sleep, ...
Read more : Forgetting What's Obvious | Views : 1060 | Replies : 19

Bull Dyke Misandrist's = "Psychopath?"

Seems that feminist author Mona Eltahawy thinks that killing “a certain number of men each week” in order to ensure the end of patriarchy...." makes sense."

“I ask people to imagine — now I’m using this word imagine, and I’m underlining it three times — a scenario in which we kill a certain number of men every week,” said Eltahawy in a recent interview with the left-wing, state-funded Canadian broadcaster CBC.

These are the same ...
Read more : Bull Dyke Misandrist's = "Psychopath?" | Views : 3423 | Replies : 81

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2165497 • Total topics 182492 • Total members 214905