Our partner

It is currently Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:45 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Stuck in my head. **Trigger warning- mentions of violence**

Hi all,
I have slowly realised I have an issue with ruminating over things I have or haven't done. In this case my ruminations are centred over something that I did at some point in my mid-teens. I am in my early 20s presently. I do not have an official diagnosis for OCD, however, I plan on seeking out a psychiatrist as I believe I am possibly experiencing Real Event OCD.
I will get these ...

I’m not sure if my issues with food are actually ocd

Hi everyone,

I had a couple of questions and I wasn’t sure if what I am dealing with is ocd or not and I was hoping to get some advice so I can know whether to seek help.

Basically, I struggle with feeling like food is contaminated with mold, bugs, or germs.
- if I see mold on a certain food, I won’t be able to eat that specific food for years (right now it’s ...

Invega Sustenna

Hello board,

I am very worried the sexual dysfunction is permanent with this medication. It is on invega sustenna injections. My doc says that it will go away, but I know it won't. I am getting off tomorrow, can someone tell me long term how this is.

Thanks
Read more : Invega Sustenna | Views : 1 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Sexual Dysfunctions Forum

That's why

I was diagnosed as having AvPD by a psychiatrist back in 2008. I think I assumed that was simply descriptive: I avoid things, no kidding. I've only just found out that it includes a good deal of aetiology as well.

A few weeks back, my mother, amazingly, apologised for being very hard on me when I was little.
(This was prompted by her struggles to care for a close and currently very depressed friend who ...
Read more : That's why | Views : 10 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

headspace? ***trigger warning***

We are curious...
We made a diorama of where we live when not interacting in this world. It is a very concrete place and we all have our own special places as well as places to share.
The T called this headspace.
Do singlets have a headspace?

This is where I think I might trigger someone.....

I once owned a slave who spoke about his submissive headspace.

Until T called the inside world headspace I ...
Read more : headspace? ***trigger warning*** | Views : 123 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Incest is a time bomb

I have read much about this subject and how people vary widely in their ways of dealing with it. I can only tell you my own experience. Between the ages of 18 and 24 I was a regular partner to my mother. She started it by coming to my room late one night. There was no talking at the start and it just happened. It led to a full, enthusiastic and adventurous relationship which even ...
Read more : Incest is a time bomb | Views : 12 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Sexual Addiction Forum

How to deal with family members who neglects their health?

I'm really desperate to what to do about my *family member*.
She neglects her health, refuses to get treatment for a very painful but otherwise benign disease she has.
She agrees that she needs to take certain medication and supplements (one being highly suggested by doctors, like Folate), but just doesn't take them. Every time I ask she says "yes I'll take it" but "later". And later means never since about 10 years. She even ...

thinking bullies were my friends

Hi,
i struggled with standing up for myself. at office, once i stood up to a bullying behavior by a colleague n some other colleague grabs my shoulder n says: cant u take a joke?

after that i stopped hanging out with them n not one of them asked me how are you...

often i used to think they were in right n i was wrong in being hyper sensitive.

now i realize they were ...
Read more : thinking bullies were my friends | Views : 115 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Bullying Forum

How to deal with an NPD sister?

99% sure she is NPD, and or Histrionic. Maybe BPD too.
Very toxic behavior and a control freak.
She also has anorexia, or had it when she was younger, and she is ADHD.
She is the middle sister of 3. I am the youngest and a male. We are all older now.
She has to be the center of attention, always.
Displays all the Narc supply manipulation signs.
Ingratiates then will throw you under the ...
Read more : How to deal with an NPD sister? | Views : 205 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Inner crisis

Hello. Today was a difficult day for me. I got stressed and I could not calm down. Some of the persons that live in me tried to help me. But after several minutes I rememberd my dead grandfather, I filled with sorrow and I thought I was 5 years old and I wanted to cry. The persons that live in me tried to help me and wanted to cry too. After some minutes, I realized ...
Read more : Inner crisis | Views : 184 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2167129 • Total topics 182711 • Total members 217585