Our partner

Venlaflaxine & Mirtazapine: Your experience?

Medication about Anti-Depressants message board, open discussion, and online support.
Forum rules
We are not professionals on this site, nor are any of the members. Always consult with your physician or other doctor about any type of medications.

Venlaflaxine & Mirtazapine: Your experience?

Postby Tangaroa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:37 am

Hi, :D

In March 2013, I was diagnosed with major depression disorder (MDD) and generalised anxiety disorder (GAD). I was then prescribed a combination of Venlaflaxine (Effexor 150mg) and Mirtazapine (Avanza 45mg). From that moment, my situation improved significantly: I no longer suffered from anxiety and I came out of depression. I have also been able to completely stop taking the anti-anxiety drugs (benzodiazepines). The Mirtazapine prevented some of the most common side effects of Venlafaxine.

I would like to know from those who take this combination of medicines is they feel it is beneficial, if it has side effects. So far I don't have any. I would also like to know your opinion about the effectiveness of this combination over the long term.

Thanks.
Tangaroa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Venlaflaxine & Mirtazapine: Your experience?

Postby Caribee4me » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 pm

I took this combo for ashore time trying to combat depression. The mirtazapine worked well at first, though if did have to deal with excessive sweating. The bummer was that it pooped out on me quite quickly and I stopped taking it after a couple of months. It is known to stop working, so I'm not the only one. If it had kept working, it helped enough with depression that I would have tried to handle the sweating issue.

The venlafaxine helped too, a little, but it worsened my migraines and insomnia, so I stopped it and the discontinuation was really hard and uncomfortable. The worst of anything I've been on so far.

I'm glad to hear the combo is helping you and hope it keeps on working!
Dx: BP1 mixed rapid-cycling, BPD, PTSD
Daily Meds: Latuda 120mg, Vyvanse 60mg, Intuniv 2mg, Quetiapine 200mg
PRN Meds: Alprazolam .5mg
Caribee4me
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Depressants

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views