Our partner

Did you catch the news about playing computer games?

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:39 am

I've been playing games since pong, atari, intellivision, and commodore 64. So many games, and kinds of games that I can't possible list them all here. Not sure about it increasing memory or not. I definitely do believe that it makes you smarter in some sort of way, but not sure in what way(s) exactly. One thing I do know is it increases your reflexes sooo much. I seriously have lightning-fast reflexes - if something (say a glass) falls off of a counter (or anything of that sort) I have literally seen things fall in slow motion before and snatch them out of the air before they hardly even started falling. Amazing and weird but definitely a fact. Of course most people don't waste as much time playing video games as myself. :D :wink:

some of my favorite recent games,
The Saga of Ryzom
EVE Online
Battlefield 1942 (w/ Desert Combat mod)
Ground Control 2
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile
Railroad Tycoon 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles