Our partner

St Johns Wort

Generalized Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

St Johns Wort

Postby Blair » Thu May 05, 2005 6:07 pm

I have been suffering with anxiety for a while now and have found this to be good for taking the edge off my general anxiety. I've not been on it long but I'm experiencing very light but noticeable confusion.

Has anyone had any kind of strange effects through taking this ? It's not really a problem because as I said it generally helps me.

Thanks

Blair
Blair

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby sweetngentle » Thu May 05, 2005 6:12 pm

Blair,
I have heard of other people takng St John's Wort. I think they had decent results too. But other than that I don't know much about it.

Kathy
Blessed are those
who can give without
remembering, and take
without forgetting.
sweetngentle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Thu May 05, 2005 6:16 pm

I've never been on St Johns Wort, and to tell you the truth I am abit hesitant.

I have heard that it can mix badly with meds, now i'm not completely sure on this... also I remember a time (I believe it was this herbal) that it was taken off the shelves at one point?

Or was that something else... :?:

Oi I don't know, always do your research first, talk to your doctor make sure it doesn't interact with anything that could be in your diet, or any pills.

So I guess i've her +'s and -'s to this...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful... :?
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2005 6:17 pm

Yeah, it's definitely doing something for me although I can't quite tell what it's doing. I mean it's herbal but it does affect the brain because I can feel something going on. I just found this forum so I'll keep you updated on how I'm getting on with it.

Postby Blair » Thu May 05, 2005 6:18 pm

My doctor was fine with it because I'm not taking anything else. I want to avoid real medication if at all possible.
Blair

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Thu May 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Yeh I think it's a completely another story when you aren't on any meds such as anti-depressants...

If you can go without then that's fantastic...

Sometimes I wish I could, but at this moment don't think I could, tried it before, didn't work fery good...

Good luck to you... ;)
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Return to Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum