Our partner

Gambling loses

Gambling Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Gambling loses

Postby Jdaley81 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:25 pm

So I’ve been gambling for 10yrs and had some high moments but they were few and far between the awful ones I continue to have. I would say in the last year I have gambled away 20-30 thousand dollars. It has destroyed my will to live or any other enjoyment I have in life. I could deposit 500 bucks turn it into 5 thousand in a matter of hrs and lose it all playing blackjack in a matter of mins. I have placed wagers beyond what I could afford countless times from hundreds of Dollars to over a grand in a single bet. It’s sicken the amount of money I lost, what I have put my family
Through as a result. I mean all my bills are current and I’m not behind on anything
But I have literally nothing In my account til next payday. I have lied, concealed and borrowed to feed this addiction for years and I’m a broken person because of it. Yes I spent everything I have and that’s depressing but I could go borrow and keep living this life but I’m done I can let this destroy the person I once was any longer. Can anybody relate to this empty feeling inside and how does one start to rebuild
Their life?
Jdaley81
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Gambling loses

Postby Aries411 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 am

Welcome to the forum Jdaley,

Many of us can definitely relate to that feeling. The feeling of this endless cycle of living paycheck to paycheck and spending more than we should on gambling. The feeling that the only joy in life is that false sense of joy we get from gambling. The feeling of living lie after lie to our loves ones. All of this so that we can gamble which gives us a very temporary high followed by lots of misery.

The emptiness does subside, but to start to rebuild your life, you are going to need to abstain for awhile. After about 3 months, your head clears and you start to find the beauty in life again without gambling. What I recommend is for you to do self-exclusion and trying to find a Gamblers Anonymous meeting (GA) near year. Having a support system can be vital to your recovery.
Aries411
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Re: Gambling loses

Postby Timehealsall » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm

I can totally relate to how you feel about the gambling losses. I feel empty too after I lose. To be honest I am still trying to get back up on my feet.

Gambling eats into my soul.

-- Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:23 pm --

Jdaley81 wrote:Yes I spent everything I have and that’s depressing but I could go borrow and keep living this life but I’m done I can let this destroy the person

Firstly, I would suggest NEVER to borrow to gamble. Your family will always be there for you, and we are here for you. This too shall pass.
Timehealsall
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:58 am

Return to Gambling Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post