Our partner

Spouse with Delusional Disorder

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Re: Spouse with Delusional Disorder

Postby prlb4swine » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:14 am

badrollercoaster wrote:We actually had a date last Saturday :shock: OMG She's still paranoid as heck. Her latest delusion is that she thinks that someone is sending planes and helicopters over our house to watch her.

I totally hear you!!

Mine also thinks condensation trails are made on purpose by the planes. On purpose!
prlb4swine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby prlb4swine » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Aluminum foil, anyone?

Yep, my wife uses it to wrap around her "sensitive parts".You know.. where "they" aim their weapons at!

:roll:
prlb4swine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby xdude » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:07 am

Hey prlb4swine,

prlb4swine wrote:Mine also thinks condensation trails are made on purpose by the planes. On purpose!

prlb4swine wrote:Yep, my wife uses it to wrap around her "sensitive parts".You know.. where "they" aim their weapons at!

I've long wondered if this type of delusional thinking stems from self-esteem issues, at least in some people who have no physiological reason. "I'm the target of a conspiracy means I am a special person"; "I know something only a select few know"; "I am very clever for having seen past the cover-up"; etc. That's quite the ego booster. Plus the longer it goes on, the more of an ego blow it's going to be to consider "I am wrong".
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby badrollercoaster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:12 pm

I’m no psychologist or anything, but my counselor recommended I read a book called “I am not sick. I don’t need help”. Anyway the author did a lot research. His conclusion is it’s all part of the illness. What looks like ego, or denial, or stubbornness etc is all pretty much part of the illness
badrollercoaster
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby prlb4swine » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 pm

I just wish I could leave her.. But she's so dependent on me she would end up homeless or worse, unless I pay for her rent and bills...

It's getting worse: now she feels she's being attacked.. while in the car!It's like people in cars that are driving close to ours are aiming their beams or microwave weapon at her
prlb4swine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby badrollercoaster » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 am

prlb4swine wrote:I just wish I could leave her.. But she's so dependent on me she would end up homeless or worse, unless I pay for her rent and bills...

It's getting worse: now she feels she's being attacked.. while in the car!It's like people in cars that are driving close to ours are aiming their beams or microwave weapon at her

At what point do you consider having her involuntarily committed? Here in Michigan that’s possible if they’re a danger to themselves or others.
badrollercoaster
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby prlb4swine » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:12 pm

badrollercoaster wrote:
prlb4swine wrote:I just wish I could leave her.. But she's so dependent on me she would end up homeless or worse, unless I pay for her rent and bills...

At what point do you consider having her involuntarily committed? Here in Michigan that’s possible if they’re a danger to themselves or others.

same here in NY. Unless she's a danger, I can't commit her. Just a matter of time, I'm afraid.
prlb4swine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby prlb4swine » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Gah, has it been a year since my last post?

No improvements to announce. She's getting worse.

-- Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:35 pm --

Gah, has it been a year since my last post?

No improvements to announce. She's getting worse.
prlb4swine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby badrollercoaster » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:09 am

Well she divorced me now. And she definitely has not gotten any better.
badrollercoaster
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Jemma » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:49 pm

He did not get treatment for the disorder. It's been 2 years now and though the specific delusions have settled. The side effects were anxiety and depression which have cost him and me so much. We were together on and off for the last two years after the incident and some patches were great. I thought everything would be fine. But last night he told me he doesn't want me in his life. He wants me to move on and doesn't love me anymore.
I feel so robbed and betrayed. I stayed through it all. Lost my mental health to the extent that i had to go for therapy. I love him so much. I'm still ######6 holding on to this dream that he'll start going for therapy and realize that he only thinks he doesn't want me because of his problems and he actually really loves me. He won't talk to me and I'm so ######6 lonely. A part of me resents him so much for ruining a good relationship and ruining himself and ruining me. I know it isn't completely his fault. But he refused to get help and his parents just let it go. I'll resent them for the rest of my lives too. I tried so ######6 hard. I just can't believe why i want this person who hurt me so much so many times so desperately.
Jemma
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post