Our partner

Being split

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Being split

Postby Johndoe22 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 pm

I was split black (i don't know if that's the right terminology) about a month ago by someone very close to me with bpd and I don't know how to help the situation. She's my best friend and the only person that's ever really been there for me, she has a history of self-harm and suicide attempts but she's been better the past year, and she's never split me before. She's everything to me, and I was everything to her only a month ago and I'm not really familiar with how BPD works and what's going on inside her head. Before she split me, she told me she kinda had feelings for me and I'd never been happier, I'd felt the same way about her for ages and we were both super happy that night. We poured our hearts out to each other and I've seriously never been happier. From here she started talking to me less and less and she was never mean to me or anything like that, but sort of like she just completely lost all emotion towards me. After a couple weeks I tried to talk about it with her and she says she doesn't know why it happened or what caused it, and she barely talks to me now. Does the split normally settle after a while? will things between us go back to the way they were eventually? is there anything I can do to try and fix it? She's everything and this is hurting me so much
Johndoe22
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Being split

Postby xdude » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Hey Johndoe22,

We can only guess. Often, even the people with BPD often don't know why they go through that emotional disconnect, though it is possible that was triggered by getting emotionally closer.

I can only guess though that at some point she will be back, but also be aware, it's likely to happen again.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post