Our partner

Merging at will?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: Merging at will?

Postby ManyMults » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:40 am

Thanks. We might mess up at work (one comes out and doesn't know the procedures, and messes up), but other then that, i think it's livable. :)
That being said, I guess the one that switches with me at work, I could have more co conness with...
It's a sensitive road for us sometimes. Plus, we're not sure how to get away from the stress. (What do you reguard as 'short term?' 6 years?
Anyway, thanks.
ManyMults
ManyMults
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 24, 2022 9:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Eliseahorse » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:29 am

YunaTheSummoner wrote:
However I have been stuck out front since. When I was last out I had no idea of what DID was... we had no internet access back then! I have had no memory of what others they were or what they called themselves and how many 'are missing'..just a strange sense that I felt 'comfortable' with other 3 that were out front with me and a note I found about a 'journal on a psych forum'.

Unfortunately not knowing what the past host had called themselves or remembering any passwords and only having access to one email address (which was already signed into on the iPad and probably not the one that was used to sign up with) I had to start a new account.

I haven't found any other site specifically called 'Psych forum' where you can have a journal and talk about 'others in your head' freely like this..so I'm assuming this was the one that was joined but haven't found any past posts yet... quite hard when you have no idea what you are looking for cos you haven't been out since the 90's! ..your body is 20 years older and the world is in the middle of a pandemic!! :shock: :shock:

It seems no-one can be 'triggered' like that part of the brain was maybe damaged so there's no obvious triggers and switches happening like there's a severed connection or broken bridge between 'the front' and 'the inner brain/world'.

Hmm I wonder if the mods could look for journals that have been inactive since you had your stroke and send you a list of them. Maybe reading through them one might have clues that would indicate it could be yours?
Body in its 30's system known collectively as Eli
M 30
M24
F17
F31
NB19
2 partially integrated alters
Peter (7)
Shadow (2/3)
Eliseahorse
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue May 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Postby FractalHive » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:08 pm

@ManyMults: No, we don't consider 6 yrs to be short term. Perhaps a year or two could be, but not over half a decade. Blending can be confusing, but we dissociate less and remember more in the moment. The problem we run into, however, is that when some selves retreat or later when we are not blended, the memories were not stored properly, so we experience what appears to be retrograde amnesia. At least that's the cause we found for it within our own systems.

@ArbreMondy: Hey Daniel, couldn't agree more. The amnesia is a big issue in life for us. I can imagine if a person is not bothered by it or it doesn't disrupt their life and cause dysfunction, then it likely isn't a concern. Not sure how DID looks in a system with 0% dysfunction. That almost sounds mythical lol.
Primary System Hosts: Liz ♀️ & Sid ♂️ (Prenatal Twins)
Secondary System Hosts: Julie ♀️ & Julia ♀️ (Natal Twins)
Primary Hosts: Jade ♀️, Foxy ♀️, Izzy ♀️, Mary ♀️, Vanessa ♀️, Bonnie ♀️
Primary Guardians/Protectors: Izzy ♀️, Mary ♀️
Researchers: Foxy ♀️ & Doc ♂️
Primary Littles: Skye (11) ♂️, Ashley (14) ♀️
FractalHive
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue May 24, 2022 10:18 am

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:29 am

Eliseahorse wrote:
YunaTheSummoner wrote:
However I have been stuck out front since. When I was last out I had no idea of what DID was... we had no internet access back then! I have had no memory of what others they were or what they called themselves and how many 'are missing'..just a strange sense that I felt 'comfortable' with other 3 that were out front with me and a note I found about a 'journal on a psych forum'.

Unfortunately not knowing what the past host had called themselves or remembering any passwords and only having access to one email address (which was already signed into on the iPad and probably not the one that was used to sign up with) I had to start a new account.

I haven't found any other site specifically called 'Psych forum' where you can have a journal and talk about 'others in your head' freely like this..so I'm assuming this was the one that was joined but haven't found any past posts yet... quite hard when you have no idea what you are looking for cos you haven't been out since the 90's! ..your body is 20 years older and the world is in the middle of a pandemic!! :shock: :shock:

It seems no-one can be 'triggered' like that part of the brain was maybe damaged so there's no obvious triggers and switches happening like there's a severed connection or broken bridge between 'the front' and 'the inner brain/world'.

Hmm I wonder if the mods could look for journals that have been inactive since you had your stroke and send you a list of them. Maybe reading through them one might have clues that would indicate it could be yours?

Sorry I've only just seen this but thats an excellent idea! Thank you! :D I'll have to go check for the exact date, cos my perception of passing time is a bit off, but I'm looking for someone who hasn't posted since before the date of my stroke?
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue May 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Postby Eliseahorse » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:26 pm

Basically yeah anyone who has never posted since your stroke. There are a number of systems that have gone AWOL over the last few years so there would be a few candidates (including potentially our old profile) but it gives you a starting point.
Body in its 30's system known collectively as Eli
M 30
M24
F17
F31
NB19
2 partially integrated alters
Peter (7)
Shadow (2/3)
Eliseahorse
Consumer 5
Consumer 5