Our partner

Abusive mother showed up to my house???

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Abusive mother showed up to my house???

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 am

So as you can see by the title, my abusive mother took advantage of the fact that today was my birthday (please don’t wish me happy birthday) and came to give me a card. Mind you I have not spoken to this woman since I was 12... about 8 years ago. But it’s ok for her to just pop out of the ######6 blue and pretend like nothing happened. Pretend like she wouldn’t brutally beat me with not just her hands but also objects. Pretend she didn’t call me the devil. Pretend she didn’t completely destroy my sense of self by repeated put downs and abuse. Pretend she didn’t drop me off at my dads house in a fit because she lost custody when it was her day for visitation. But because she’s my mom, I should forgive her right? I should just be ok with all the past abuse and forget it?

I feel a huge inner sorrow and pain for her. Even though I know she probably doesn’t have good intentions. She’s my mom. She asked for my phone number and I gave it to her because in that moment I felt like such a child. I felt like I had to do what “mommy” says. Now in this moment I wish she never came. I wish I never gave her my number. Now i’m going to obsess over all of this. I just want peace in my life, but of course she comes along in a time where I also have a $#%^ ton of other things going on...

I feel awful saying this, but a huge part of me wants to block her phone number. I know that if I go back and try to have a relationship with her she’ll just go back to her old ways again. She’s always been like that...

What should I do? I’m so lost and confused.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Abusive mother showed up to my house???

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks for responding assholes
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Abusive mother showed up to my house???

Postby Pairou » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 am

Hey, Sickof. I haven't been on the forum lately and I'm glad I decided to drop in tonight!

Are you alright? Has she tried to contact you since she showed up? It sounds awful, I'm so sorry she did that!

If she tries to contact you I'd definitely block her and go no-contact. People who act the way you described don't usually change, IME.
Pairou
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post