Our partner

How's Your Mood Today?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: How's Your Mood Today?

Postby trapped in a maze » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:22 am

No. My pdoc was about to recommend sleeping pills until I brought up Klonopin and he suggested doubling my dose especially since my xanax dose wasn't barely denting my anxiety. I should begin withdrawling from Xanax in a few hours then all hell will break loose. Right now I am drinking to keep the depression away and it makes my bursts of anger feel good. There's nothing i can do till the 17th. I think I might get hospitalized tonight I'm really thinking about it cause i'm a loose cannon right now. Never been to a psych ward, but i reckon i can get the real help i need plus i would fail all my summer classes cause last day to withdraw was friday..
trapped in a maze
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 am

I think a trip to the hospital might be good for you at the moment. Especially if you feel you might be in a mixed episode. It certainly sounds like it might be good for you.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby trapped in a maze » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:49 am

how do i get into a psych ward?
trapped in a maze
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby CrackedGirl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:30 am

You would usually see your Dr and they could arrange admission, or via a crisis team. The other thing to do is to go to the ER and say you are psychiatrically unwell.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:22 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Yes, I'm incredibly hypomanic today. I thought maybe it was just some sort of "thing" I was going through last night but it started again this morning with a force I haven't experienced in quite a few months. I haven't felt this way since my very strong episode were I was losing sleep. I wonder if I'll be unable to fall asleep. Hopefully I will be. Because when I stay up, I usually just crave sweets the whole time & that only makes me even more hyper.

I went out with my mother to a thrift store (her favourite place to go, I'll never understand her love of used items & closed, although, I can find some nice teapots every once & awhile.) I was literally jumping off the walls & talking so profusely & my mind was flying to object to object & couldn't help but to comment about each & every knick-knack I set my eyes on. My mind was just racing. Right now, my talkativeness has slowed down, & now I have inner racing thoughts & an extreme energy to create, create, create. See, I went to Target & saw this BEAUTIFUL collector's doll that I simply COULDN'T leave without. It was amazing. So, I used all my allowance money on her. My mother tried to convince me not to blow my money on here, but I simply couldn't leave the store without her. I fell in love with her. What am I talking about, I'm still in love with her! So, yeah, I'm writing poetry & a possibly a novel about her. It's gonna be so romantic, I've been fantasizing about it all afternoon when I was out with my mother. I was listening to music & my mind was just so juicy with ideas & I got so absorbed in her world. So I'm gonna try to express it. It might be $#%^, but I'm so excited about it.

Oh & to the cutting, I don't have much of an urge anymore. It seemed like it was just last night. Wait, I did have a bit this morning when I was cycling up. But, it seems to have faded with my new-found excitement when I went out this afternoon. I did call my therapist & left a message about how I'm feeling. Perhaps I'll print out some of these posts so he can get an idea about how I acted today. I'll try to blog everyday. I'll copy this one into a blog entry so I can save it & have it on hand. Because I think my buying the doll impulsively & the racing thoughts should be mentioned. I basically just called my therapist to tell him that I got out of my three days of severe depression. It seemed like my hypomania just took a little "break", then I had that fluke of a depression & now, the mania is back stronger than ever. So.. Yeah.. I'll update you guys further of mood as I go along.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:31 am

I think all things considered I am OK

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:13 pm

CrackedGirl wrote:I think all things considered I am OK

Cracked

I'm glad you're feeling OK, Cracked. That's good to hear. :mrgreen:

For myself, today - My hypomania switched to extreme agitation, anger at everything (even simple things like an ant crawling too close to me or birds "taking up space") & feeling quite self-destructive although I haven't cut or self-harmed in any way as yet, which is a good sign that I'm still retaining self-control. I went to a parade this morning & I told my mom we had to leave early because the lights & noise & people were agitating me way too much & I felt like I was gonna punch something. My mom is thoroughly worried about me. She's thinking that my medication is making me like this. Even though I haven't changed anything in months. I don't think she likes the thought of me having any sort of mood disorder, be it Unipolar, Bipolar or even Borderline.

I'm still feeling quite creative but I feel like writing something or painting something dark & gruesome to get my anger & dark feelings out.

So yes, that's how I'm feeling today.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Sorry you are struggling MM, when are you next seeing someone?

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 pm

So, I got worse as the afternoon progressed. I was pacing feverishly, I had the patience for nothing, so therefore I could do no activity except pace with a mind that wanted to break out of my skull & just start flying down the street. I felt HORRIBLE. My mom was so worried about me, she gave me a sleeping pill to try to calm me down from this. It did work for quite awhile, but I think its starting to fade off now as my heart is starting to race & climb up again. Along with my mind.

Holy god... I haven't experienced one of these in a long time.. Quite a few months.

Can anybody lend some advice about this? I'm afraid of how I'll feel tonight or tomorrow if it persists. I'm starting to think self-destructively sometimes.

EDIT: Looks like we posted at the same time, Cracked? I see my therapist on Wednesday. My mom pushed back my psychiatrist appointment until the end of the month. She thought it was okay since we had refills. Now, I'm sad that she did that.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:11 pm

I think it sounds like you need to bring you psych appt forward. There are some things you can do other than meds that can help with being hypo. Such as avoiding caffeine, other stimulants and alcohol, try to keep to a sleep routine, even if it means forcing yourself to lie in bed, deep breathing exercises and lavendar. There may be others but these can help. Explain to your mum you think you are unwell and that you need to have your appt brought forward.

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6