Our partner

I CURED MYSELF – EVERYONE SHOULD READ

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

Re: I CURED MYSELF – EVERYONE SHOULD READ

Postby Happy_go_Lucky » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:05 pm

:-(, don't cry, things will get better, it's just a case of breaking the cycle. You'll get there, you'll find the strength and tomorrow will be a new day and a fresh start. Write today off and wake up with a smile and a belief that you have a chance to start on the right path again :-) x
Happy_go_Lucky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby gullybear » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I applaud your recovery and I think you took a very intelligent approach. These are very helpful ideas, however, I caution you not to become too relaxed in your ways and to never state that you are cured. This being an addiction disorder, one may recover...but never actually be cured.
gullybear
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 pm

Postby Happy_go_Lucky » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks for the kind message. I have to disagree though, either that or I'm an exception, but I'm totally cured, I have not even come close to binging in the last 6 years, nor could I force myself to even if I wanted to, there's absolutely zero urge and no management required to beat it now my system has been reset and the cycle broken. People need to also know that they can be fully recovered, this is the reason I've responded, as people also need hope and belief that can completely overcome it.
Happy_go_Lucky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby tobi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 am

This has been very helpful to me. I just recently realized that I was binging...I didn't really think about it but one day it occurred to me that I was hiding the candybar wrappers deep in the garbage, and most people don't eat 4 candy bars in one sitting. I think it started when I got on the scale and saw that I had lost about *edit* without realizing it (have been doing lots of yardwork) and for some reason that frightened me. None of this was in the forefront of my thinking...it was only after reading this post that I thought about what the problem might be. I don't want to do this any more. I am going to try what you have proposed.
Last edited by jilkens on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed weight
tobi
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Postby Bozz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 am

This is an amazing, insightful and motivating post. A real example of someone who faught against their disorder, and won! Congratulations and thank you so much for this.
BPD
22/female/London

-Have I gone mad?
-I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret: All the best people are.
Bozz
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Sadia11 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi,I read your story yesterday when I was on google searching can I control myself from binge eating and suddenly your story came up and I was very surprised that you control your binge and now your attachment with food is like normal person.I am also very happy that you are away from binge now,I need your help can you please help me,thank you so much for this useful post and you are still posting.you are saving so many people's lives by this post.from last 10 years I am loosing weight and gaining weight with even some extra pounds every time never in maintain acne cycle.
Also can you please tell me when you have stress what you do ,if I have I binge eat.thank you.
Sadia11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sadia11 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi,thank you so much for this post,I started working on this from Monday because I read your post on Sunday so from since Monday your plan is working great.before I was Thinking I like to eat every time every day that,s why I was always thinking about food but now I found out binge starts in some situations when I am in stress,angry or someone is or if I am thinking about dieting and portion control the more I am thinking of dieting the thoughts of food comes more and also I found out if once it comes its hard to get away from it,it took me 2days to again go on track.what do u think,what I found is right or wrong,please reply me as soon as you can,I know it's very hard to take out time I will be very thankful to u,because I really want to completely recover from this illness,because I feel so bad in front of every one.no one understands me.by reading that u r completely recovered that's why I also have a hope.Thank you.
Sadia11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Happy_go_Lucky » Sun May 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi Sadia,

Firstly my sincere apologies for taking so long to reply, i hope this has not disrupted your fightback. Thank you for taking the time to write on this thread :-). I'm pleased you have stumbled across it and it looks like it could give you the boost and direction you need in beating this.

You have started on the right path and you are already on the way to realising that triggers are a key part in the whole binge cycle. It will take time and wont happen overnight, but you can start getting into good habits, its completely normal that early on in this process you will binge and these are important in understanding why you are binging, as i mentioned if you note down what on that day happened that could have contributed then you can use this information to identify that a binge might happen again under a certain set of circumstances. Slowly you will start seeing maybe a pattern or one or two things that are consistently happening that are causing your binges.

What you mentioned about thinking about food all the time is important, and the only way to counteract this thought is suprising to actually eat regularly and don't deny yourself chocolate and sweets as you will begin to crave these and the longer you stop yourself the more you will want it. Its an old phase but its a case of everything in moderation. By keeping your body levels and metabolism at a steady pace it will stabilise your diet and body as well as your mind, and along with mitigating your triggers you will soon be set on the right path to eventually beating it.

These days i eat whatever i fancy, i still do sports but i don't crave food and am not overweight, as soon as you can get food out of your mind the better, i would focus on eating regularly and monitoring binges that happen, sometimes you may have to go a bit backwards to go forwards but it will work if you persist with it.

Please post again and update me on how you are doing, im very interested in your recovery and hope i can help you along the way, I hope you have a good day :-).
Happy_go_Lucky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sadia11 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi,
Thank you so much for your response ,it motivated me that someone is taking care of me,your method will help me to recover in my illness .I really appreciate your help.God bless you.how can I send you my email addresses so none can see it.
Thank you.
Sadia.
Sadia11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Happy_go_Lucky » Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm

No problem at all, and you can send a private message through this site, just click on my user name and scroll down to send private message. Look forward to hearing from you :-).
Happy_go_Lucky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

PreviousNext

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post