Our partner

What I Wish People Could Understad About Aspergers

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What I Wish People Could Understad About Aspergers

Postby orangesalad » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:07 am

I wish people could understand what it is like to have Aspergers. I wish people could understand what it’s like to not know what to do in social situations. I wish people knew what it’s like to not know what is ok to say and not to say, when it’s your turn to talk and when it’s not, and so on. I wish people knew how I feel when people get mad at me for not knowing how to properly socialize. I with people knew what it’s like to be rejected by your peers, what’s it like to not be invented to parties, what it’s like when even your own family doesn’t want you around because of your disability. I wish people knew what it’s like to constantly be treated like nuisance. The worst part about Aspergers that people don’t see is the constant bullying I went though in school and even in the workforce. I just wish people could understand.
orangesalad
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What I Wish People Could Understad About Aspergers

Postby shock_the_monkey » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm

i have no such wishes. i never really have. life is what you make of it within the circumstances you find yourself. and, god knows, there are people with far worse circumstances than mine.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 am

Postby serpand » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 am

You have to figure out how not to be so self-conscious about what people think of you. If you don't give up on them, they won't give up on you.if they do, you must seek others that won't. Nobody is perfect. It's hard to have a negative trait that nobody else has, or not have a positive trait that everyone has. But this also means that most likely you have some special rare ability you developed as a consequence of that. You have to find and develop interests which will strengthen you up and allow you to build a positive construct of yourself. We all have a bunch of characteristics which may prove useful or detrimental according to context. Diversity is good. Do not put yourself on the bottom of the unspoken hierarchy.
serpand
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:06 am

Postby shock_the_monkey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 pm

if you've ever really tried to figure out who you are, it pretty soon becomes apparent that there's no such thing as you - you're constantly changing, even at a molecular level. also, we exist within the context of everyone else - we wouldn't be us without their influence on our lives. jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. as a panentheist, i like to think that he said this because he knew that we are everyone else - we just don't realise it. but that aside, blaming other people for our lives disempowers us - it's a very negative belief, possibly the most negative that there is.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 am

Postby hydrangea00 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:42 am

serpand wrote:You have to figure out how not to be so self-conscious about what people think of you. If you don't give up on them, they won't give up on you.if they do, you must seek others that won't. Nobody is perfect. It's hard to have a negative trait that nobody else has, or not have a positive trait that everyone has. But this also means that most likely you have some special rare ability you developed as a consequence of that. You have to find and develop interests which will strengthen you up and allow you to build a positive construct of yourself. We all have a bunch of characteristics which may prove useful or detrimental according to context. Diversity is good. Do not put yourself on the bottom of the unspoken hierarchy.

This really helped and inspired me. Thank you
hydrangea00
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post