Our partner

Preference for barefoot

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Preference for barefoot

Postby Markfromflanders » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 am

I recognise this, I have the urge to live barefoot. I have asperger, but I am not a hippie or new-age-adept. For the rest I am dressed rather normal (everything in cotton, no sticke or pricking materials, no labels in my neck.) People look at me in the Streets because I am barefoot, but it is the only way fot me to have some peace and rest in my head. I tryed to search information abouth this and I found completely nothing exept this post on this forum.. Some people with ASS just hate to be barefoot, to many sensoric sensation, but for me it seems to work just the other way. I live in Belgium, male, 49 years old, married, 3 children. (My oldest son alos asperger, but he is only barefoot in the house) For the last 2 years I go barefoot in Streets, stores, everywhere exept work (because not allowed). I am not in some barefoot-fetisch-thing (saw some examples on the internet, did me shiver a bit).
Markfromflanders
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Cuddlepaws » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 am

Oh how I wish to be able to go barefoot as freely as you can. For a society that doesn't seem to be keen on cleanliness (like there is a significant amount of fecal matter in the streets out to dry in full view of everyone), ours -Philippines- is very discriminatory of those that stray from societal norms.
Thankfully, my workspace is quite lax in footwear and I even can pass off being barefoot for a whole day if I don't have to leave for a meeting.

That being said, it's good to see/hear that some people also feel the same about the matter. For me, it's about anchoring myself in the here and now through sensory stimulation so my mind doesn't wander off (too much).
Cuddlepaws
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 am

Postby GAMGEE » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 pm

I don't like walking around barefoot because my feet are always cold. I am rather picky about shoes though - I've used the same shoes every day for over a year because they're just so comfortable.
GAMGEE
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Markfromflanders » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:56 am

Must be difficult if the streats are not clean. In Belgium you don't have much social problems with going barefoot, people who dont know you look at you like youre crazy but thats all. I am also permitted to go inside shops and even restaurants. Sadly I am not permitted barefoot at work. What would people do if they see you barefoot in public, hit you?? I thought being barefoot wat more easy in the filipines. I had a foster-parent-child (kind of sponsereing a child you never see) under adoption there, and she was barefoot on every picture in her letters.

greetings,

Mark
Markfromflanders
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Markfromflanders » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 am

Before I went barefoot my feet were always cold too, since I am barefoot most of the time my feet are never cold, Only the first two mounths my feet were cold as hell, after that they adepted..
Markfromflanders
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Audrey1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:50 am

I prefer either socks or barefoot when I'm at home. When I'm outside or out in public i prefer to be wearing shoes. I think most people probably feel this way.
Audrey1
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm

Postby TracysWeird » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:07 am

Yes, all my life I've preferred to be barefoot. Now I wear slip-on shoes without socks so I can quickly get them off and on while at work, driving, etc. Just touching my bare feet to any interesting surface is a thrill and always has been.
TracysWeird
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm

Postby SomethingWithin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 am

This is a hard one for me, cause although I feel a bit embarrased sometime being barefoot (I have small feet for a guy), I really do not shoes or socks. During summer I am in flip flop 98% of the time unless I am working, and pretty much always barefoot at home. Socks drive me crazy by themselves: the seams, the tightness and lack of freedom... no! Shoes on top of that... if they are comfortable I can normally deal with it for a while, such as when working and such. But soon as I get home, the shoes and socks come off! So I prefer barefeet. Even at water parks I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible cause the water shoes/aqua socks drive me nuts being all wet and floppy.
SomethingWithin
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:57 pm

Previous

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post