Our partner

Coping at Work/Holding Down a Job

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Coping at Work/Holding Down a Job

Postby Cerpyra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Jomps and donut wheels have valid points, although I didn’t indicate whether or not I was best suited to my current job, only that I wish to keep it. How would you define weakness, donut? I suppose I would seem uncapable of strength if your image of me is some twat hiding in a bathroom, it’s a hilarious image now you put it that way and I know what you mean. Jomps, your first reply was helpful and I’ll aim for something similar when I’m looking for a legitimate career, but this is only part-time while I’m at university. If you were working an easy part-time job you wished to keep, how would you deal with boredom? Since I first posted, I’ve found some solutions that involve productivity as oppposed to inconspicuously playing with other people’s heads, although I appreciate the suggestions. 8)
Cerpyra
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jabberwocky » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:30 pm

CopyCat27 wrote:
Squaredonutwheels wrote:
CopyCat27 wrote:I got mobbed in my previous job. Everyone turned against me and I didn't get along with anyone. Constant fights and confrontations. Hitting on the girls and general inappropriate behaviour. Even got threats from my upper manager who seriously hated my guts. It's not nice when everyone turns against you. Kinda hard to deal with.

It's statements like this that probably put a target on your arse to get turned out if you ever end up inside.

What so wrong with my statements? The fact that I don't get along with people?

For me, it's the fact that you are bitching about it 'being hard' when people turn against you, when it's obviously your fault. If you don't want people turning against you, then modify your behavior.
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:40 am

CopyCat27 wrote:
Squaredonutwheels wrote:
CopyCat27 wrote:I got mobbed in my previous job. Everyone turned against me and I didn't get along with anyone. Constant fights and confrontations. Hitting on the girls and general inappropriate behaviour. Even got threats from my upper manager who seriously hated my guts. It's not nice when everyone turns against you. Kinda hard to deal with.

It's statements like this that probably put a target on your arse to get turned out if you ever end up inside.

Turning a choice into a fact means that you identify with it. Identify as being a loner? For what purpose?
Declaring that you don't get along with anyone means you have no allies and that makes you a target.
Then admitting that it is hard to deal with makes you a vulnerable target.
That is why I said, statements like this means that you'd probably end up some ones bitch as you can't look after yourself.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby CopyCat27 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:15 am

What so wrong with my statements? The fact that I don't get along with people?[/quote]

For me, it's the fact that you are bitching about it 'being hard' when people turn against you, when it's obviously your fault. If you don't want people turning against you, then modify your behavior.[/quote]

Maybe it sounded that way. Was more being objective than moaning. But i see what you are saying
CopyCat27
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 am

CopyCat27 wrote:

Let's take a look:

CopyCat27 wrote:I got mobbed in my previous job. Everyone turned against me and I didn't get along with anyone.

Something made them turn and you are the common denominator. How did they turn against you? Over what?

Constant fights and confrontations. Hitting on the girls and general inappropriate behaviour. Even got threats from my upper manager who seriously hated my guts. It's not nice when everyone turns against you. Kinda hard to deal with.

No one hates anyone without reason, perceived or otherwise. Threats from the people who were pleased to take you on? Something changed; what was it?

Or are you simply one of those people who crave attention, surround themselves with chaos and cry about all the drama they hate surrounding them?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:16 am

Cerpyra wrote:If you were working an easy part-time job you wished to keep, how would you deal with boredom? Since I first posted, I’ve found some solutions that involve productivity as oppposed to inconspicuously playing with other people’s heads, although I appreciate the suggestions. 8)

If you can't cope with the boredom of a part-time job, how the f*ck do you manage to go to university?

The issue is your perception of the job. You describe it as an easy, part time job. Here's the thing: once you know what you're doing, most jobs are easy and boring. You're going to come up against this constantly.

Get more involved. Every job is a business trying to be successful. It doesn't matter whether it's making sandwiches, cleaning offices or designing aircraft.

Imagine that it was your business; what would you do to make it more successful?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CopyCat27 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
CopyCat27 wrote:

Let's take a look:

CopyCat27 wrote:I got mobbed in my previous job. Everyone turned against me and I didn't get along with anyone.

Something made them turn and you are the common denominator. How did they turn against you? Over what?

Constant fights and confrontations. Hitting on the girls and general inappropriate behaviour. Even got threats from my upper manager who seriously hated my guts. It's not nice when everyone turns against you. Kinda hard to deal with.

No one hates anyone without reason, perceived or otherwise. Threats from the people who were pleased to take you on? Something changed; what was it?

Or are you simply one of those people who crave attention, surround themselves with chaos and cry about all the drama they hate surrounding them?

You misunderstood my question. I wasn't defending my behaviour. I was asking why he thought me talking about this would get me targeted for rape on jail...
CopyCat27
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Postby Cerpyra » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:13 am

justonemoreperson wrote:If you can't cope with the boredom of a part-time job, how the f*ck do you manage to go to university?

Honestly jomps, sometimes I have no idea. I guess I find my classes interesting enough to stay most of the time. Have you ever been to college/university? If so, what did you study?
Cerpyra
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby solemnlysworn » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 pm

I find it easier to turn up to work than school because I am getting short term rewards for the work I do. Schooling means sticking at something without short term reward which I struggle with. The interest in a subject matter is just a lottery given the basis of having a curriculum which is designed by others to be a measure of competency-- which is another issue-- Even being interested in something doesnt mean being studious and conscientious in terms of gradings, studying, revising, etc.

At the moment I'm studying around some economic theory but it's casual in the same way I did maths growing up. Tentatively want to formalise but have experienced a couple of times my lackluster attitude towards what matters in the academic world because of the lack of direct or immediate impact
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Solowolfpack » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Life’s tough, work sucks. Adapt and overcome or get chewed up and spit out. It’s that simple, in a basic survival type of scenario think about the show survivor, if you are a complete loner and make no alliances and instead fight with everyone, well you will get ganged up on and run off the island because no one wants you there to begin with.

Now make a few friends and not only does your life on the island get easier your are a much harder target. It’s over simplified, but it gets the point across.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post