Our partner

Coping at Work/Holding Down a Job

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Coping at Work/Holding Down a Job

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:02 am

solemnlysworn wrote:I find it easier to turn up to work than school because I am getting short term rewards for the work I do.

I can relate to this. I left school with barely anything, as I just didn't have the capacity to focus long enough to do any better and there were lots of more interesting things to do.

Working was different, as I liked the money it brought and, when they asked if I wanted to go back to college to do a part-time degree, I said yes, not really knowing if I'd be any better at it than i was before.

However, this time it was different. I think it was a combination of it being one day a week instead of five and the stuff I was learning was more relevant and interesting.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:05 am

Cerpyra wrote:If you were working an easy part-time job you wished to keep, how would you deal with boredom?

Don't get bored. Find something to do. Whenever I got bored or frustrated at school, I used to steal. My mother was a good parent and punished me ruthlessly whenever I got caught. I couldn't resist stealing so I figured out a way to do both and be liked for it. I'd steal skills. It's interesting. If you steal things, it's not liked. Steal their skills and people want to teach you more. I'd steal any skill I could. I didn't ask people to teach me. I just watched and stole it. That is my solution to boredom.

If the job is easy though by nature, I would keep my eyes open. Lots of interesting characters at ANY job with a side thing. An easy job is just a facade for the real thing underneath. I doubt you're the type of character to see it though.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby Cerpyra » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:33 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:I couldn't resist stealing so I figured out a way to do both and be liked for it. I'd steal skills. It's interesting. If you steal things, it's not liked. Steal their skills and people want to teach you more. I'd steal any skill I could. I didn't ask people to teach me. I just watched and stole it. That is my solution to boredom.
[...] I doubt you're the type of character to see it though.

I'm pretty sure that's just called observational learning. Plus, you must have been pretty bad at stealing things if you were punished for it. Thanks for the vote of confidence anyway. :wink:
Cerpyra
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 am

Cerpyra wrote:
Squaredonutwheels wrote:I couldn't resist stealing so I figured out a way to do both and be liked for it. I'd steal skills. It's interesting. If you steal things, it's not liked. Steal their skills and people want to teach you more. I'd steal any skill I could. I didn't ask people to teach me. I just watched and stole it. That is my solution to boredom.
[...] I doubt you're the type of character to see it though.

I'm pretty sure that's just called observational learning. Plus, you must have been pretty bad at stealing things if you were punished for it. Thanks for the vote of confidence anyway. :wink:

Yes I am not good at stealing. I should have known that you have a vagina. In your case appearing weak and helpless is an asset in most situations. My assumptions and advice from before are invalid. Cheeky little c*nt :wink:
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cerpyra » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm

I should have known that you have a vagina. In your case appearing weak and helpless is an asset in most situations.

I'm not surprised it took you this long to notice, but you're right.
Cheeky little c*nt :wink:

Why thank you 8)
Cerpyra
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 am

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Cerpyra wrote:I'm not surprised it took you this long to notice, but you're right.

Rub it in why don't you. I dislike you enough that I am starting to like you. It could be because I know you have a vagina though so don't get too full of yourself.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LeelaTuranga » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Cerpyra wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:If you can't cope with the boredom of a part-time job, how the f*ck do you manage to go to university?

Honestly jomps, sometimes I have no idea. I guess I find my classes interesting enough to stay most of the time. Have you ever been to college/university? If so, what did you study?

I agree learning about interesting things you chose,even though i hate anxiety.doesn't compare with having a boring uninteresting job you have to because you need money.and you hate it.and have no other choice.
Different feelings.different motivational feelings
LeelaTuranga
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:37 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post