Our partner

Have you ever felt any empathy?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Have you ever felt any empathy?

Postby Reaper » Tue May 22, 2018 6:47 am

justonemoreperson wrote:I like people crying. I know that some people get awkward around them but I have always found that crying people are the easiest to communicate with because they are focused and will not stand behind psychological barriers. They're more open and trusting.

I'm guessing you've never met anyone like my daughter then because she's not at all like that when she cries. She shuts you out and doesn't want to talk about it. She's not at all open about it. Later, when she's calmed down she might be willing to talk about it whatever or whoever upset her. I think she does that with me though because she knows I can't relate and I'm not always as caring as she'd like me to be.

Personally, I find people crying annoying. It just irritates me.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Mitmit » Tue May 22, 2018 11:53 am

KvotheTheRaven wrote:There are three types of empathy: emotional, cognitive and compassionate empathy. Out of those I have high cognitive empathy, low emotional empathy and I fake compassionate empathy.

Whats the difference between emotional and compassionate empathy?
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Mitmit » Tue May 22, 2018 12:19 pm

julllia wrote:ok so life is going to be more difficult for you.
but i think you can find the feeling with logic the way you describe it.
nons have an initial responce but they need logic too to refine that response .
sometimes i think lacking emotional empathy is that logic you use to refine the first responce is disordered

Empathy makes judging peoples feelings way easier. Its
subconscious, and your subconscious mind can process way more info per second, pick up on tell tells that takes place in a fraction of a second, and hear better.
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Mitmit » Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm

U guys always analyse this subject like its rocket Sciences. Its not.

1) empathy is a real thing.
2) u either know how it feels or not. If u dont, u will never know what its like. Just accept that.
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Tue May 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Mitmit wrote:U guys always analyse this subject like its rocket Sciences. Its not.

2) u either know how it feels or not. If u dont, u will never know what its like. Just accept that.

Fair point.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 am

Postby 1PolarBear » Tue May 22, 2018 3:47 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:Interesting.

I do think speed is the issue. I find that if it's directed at or involves me then I find it difficult picking up on this stuff but if it's other people then I find it easier.

When it's me, the reaction is being waited for and expected, so it shows as an issue. If it's someone else, then I have longer to examine what's happening without being distracted by having to form a response.

Yes, I that is how I would describe it as well. If I can do it as an observer, I am really good at it, but when I am involved and I need to react in certain ways, that is where it fails, so generally, I will try to avoid it and simply go behavioral. I might get it later though, if I remember, but in some cases it took me years, so it is too late to react by then. Those people are long gone.

justonemoreperson wrote:I see what you mean. Can I have "confused"?

Yes, you might want to take a look at empathic distress, it relates to that and the above.

-- Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 am --

Mitmit wrote:U guys always analyse this subject like its rocket Sciences. Its not.

Rocket science is easier, the proof, we have rockets, while people are still studying what empathy is about, and how to define it. Just that you think it is a feeling shows the problem.
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:22 am

Postby justonemoreperson » Tue May 22, 2018 4:12 pm

1PolarBear wrote: I might get it later though, if I remember, but in some cases it took me years, so it is too late to react by then. Those people are long gone.

I'll often tell a story to my wife about something that happened to me years ago and she'll say something that I'd not considered about how someone reacted. It's usually small stuff about why someone reacted the way they did.

If my story was how I "got away with something" she'll usually be able to say, "Are you sure?" and then ask me questions about how something played out and I find that I didn't really get away with it at all, I just didn't notice the reaction, or interpret it correctly.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 am

Postby 1PolarBear » Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:I'll often tell a story to my wife about something that happened to me years ago and she'll say something that I'd not considered about how someone reacted. It's usually small stuff about why someone reacted the way they did.

If my story was how I "got away with something" she'll usually be able to say, "Are you sure?" and then ask me questions about how something played out and I find that I didn't really get away with it at all, I just didn't notice the reaction, or interpret it correctly.

Right, I see that here sometimes, people that think they manipulated someone, but it was just a normal reaction out of altruism or something similar.
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:22 am

Postby Mitmit » Tue May 22, 2018 4:53 pm

1PolarBear wrote: Just that you think it is a feeling shows the problem.

People normally never discuss what empathy is, cause they know first hand what it is.

Why do u think anyone except a psychopath would spend a second of their life studying empathy?

You literally feel for someone.
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby julllia » Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Excuse me isn't that what psychologists do,even philosophers :lol:

-- Tue May 22, 2018 7:00 pm --

That we overanalyze it here to such detail.i don't think it works exactly like that in real life,stuck into so tiny details sometimes
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post