Our partner

Murder

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Murder

Postby julllia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:28 pm

i mean to add of course you can't say "all". but narcissists claim they do love them when they don't also.
i thought "all" was for emphasis for some reason and not literal.maybe i was wrong
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby dobiedobiedoo » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Reaper wrote:I think it's in our very nature as to the kind of person we grow up to be. Of course, our upbringing can certainly influence that.

When my brother and I were kids there were odd occasions where we'd play cops and robbers. He always liked playing the cop and I always liked playing the robber because the particular role we played appealed to us each the most. Occasionally we'd switch roles just for something different, but generally, we chose the role we were most comfortable in. When my brother grew up he said he always wanted to be a cop. I once told my family at the dinner table that I always wanted to be a serial killer (that was an amusing moment). The point is, I think who we really want to be and, if we're lucky, the kind of person we ultimately become is in our nature. It's in our dna, maybe from our ancestors, who knows. My brother and I had different fathers.

Are we still talking about murder? ...No?
Personally, I don't think people are born criminals and certainly not serial killers. Everyone are affected by life, and everyone are shaped by their environment.
Some predisposition has been found, but these are not direct predictors of someone becoming a serial killer or a criminal.
dobiedobiedoo
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby caspin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:43 pm

dobiedobiedoo wrote:
Reaper wrote:I think it's in our very nature as to the kind of person we grow up to be. Of course, our upbringing can certainly influence that.

When my brother and I were kids there were odd occasions where we'd play cops and robbers. He always liked playing the cop and I always liked playing the robber because the particular role we played appealed to us each the most. Occasionally we'd switch roles just for something different, but generally, we chose the role we were most comfortable in. When my brother grew up he said he always wanted to be a cop. I once told my family at the dinner table that I always wanted to be a serial killer (that was an amusing moment). The point is, I think who we really want to be and, if we're lucky, the kind of person we ultimately become is in our nature. It's in our dna, maybe from our ancestors, who knows. My brother and I had different fathers.

Are we still talking about murder? ...No?
Personally, I don't think people are born criminals and certainly not serial killers. Everyone are affected by life, and everyone are shaped by their environment.
Some predisposition has been found, but these are not direct predictors of someone becoming a serial killer or a criminal.

I can tell you what I want to do but now I have had some drinks but O would never say I wouldn't do it. Let's se3e if I stay.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 am

Postby Reaper » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:58 pm

dobiedobiedoo wrote:Are we still talking about murder? ...No?

Yes we are.

I'm not saying people are born criminal or born serial killers. I'm just saying that you can be born with a predisposition to violence. The saying 'nature loads the gun and nurture pulls the trigger' seems applicable here.

I think the desire to kill is a natural part of human nature, but a lot of people are held back by their moral conscience. Without a moral conscience killing someone is very easy.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Knoxious » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:48 pm

Reaper wrote:I think the desire to kill is a natural part of human nature, but a lot of people are held back by their moral conscience.

Isn't the moral conscience developed over time?

Are you implying babies would fight to the death, given the opportunity?

I don't think killing is part of human nature, but i also don't believe that being inherently good is part of human nature. You're born a blank slate, aside from the genes you have inherited. Experiences in life might more easily trigger certain urges based on inherited traits, but these traits need to be triggered, is the point.
Last edited by Knoxious on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Knoxious wrote:
Are you implying babies would fight to the death, given the opportunity?

I think that's a fair assessment. The fact they have stubby, sausage-fingers prevents them from harming but they have no conscience or much awareness. They would stand on your head while you drowned and laugh.

If they gained that awareness instantly then they would behave amorally. Fortunately, they develop awareness as they grow and learn their moral code. Most of the time.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:25 am

Postby Knoxious » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Right, so they're a blank slate. If they incidentally killed you, it wouldn't mean much to them.

But in order to have an actual calculated urge to do something, i think the traits need to have a trigger.
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:04 pm

I don't know if you have kids, but if you've ever seen a two-year-old in a full rage tantrum, you know that if they had the skill they'd smash your head with a hammer.

The triggers are everywhere, especially supermarkets and aircraft, they just lack the ability.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:25 am

Postby julllia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:07 pm

they are harmless practically though, so is ok if they lack it

-- Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:09 pm --

babies don't have the skill to hurt anyone,so is kind of ok if they have a tantrum
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Knoxious » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:10 pm

I don't - I've seen an angry kid, yes, he was hitting things and stomping around. Never threw anything at those he was mad at, though. He threatened to hit his mom but never did.

I would imagine some kids are more predispositioned to act out in aggression, and possibly have not developed a moral conscience yet. They say babies are like drunk people. Well, a lot of drunk people do a lot of scary things.

Crowded areas definitely can be a trigger.
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post