Our partner

General Rules of Weightloss

Weight loss message board, open discussion, and online support group.

General Rules of Weightloss

Postby SmileXx » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:10 pm

1. Do NOT weigh yourself more than once a week. The numbers fluctuating will drive you to an eating disorder.

2. No matter what diet you're on, it will probably work if you stick to it. They ALL work if you just stick to it.

3. Be aware of sodium in food. It causes water weight gain.

4. If you exercise... don't look at the scale for a month. You're going to gain muscle and lose fat... but muscle weighs more than fat... it will throw off your readings... Measure your waist instead.

5. Drink a LOT of water... 8 glass minimum, but the more the better. It flushes you out.

6. Weigh in the morning, once a week, at the same time. It gives the most accurate readings.

7. Don't eat after 7PM... Your metabolism slows down.

8. Breakfast is idealy your largest meal. If you can't eat breakfast, like me, make lunch your biggest meal of the day.

9. Try to get SOME exercize everyday. Vacuuming, going up and down stairs to do laundry... it all counts.

10. Don't deprive yourself of foods you want... just portion them accordingly. If you deprive, you'll binge... if you portion, you don't feel like you're missing something.

11. Avoid fake sugars. They trick the body into thinking it's getting sugar... as a result it pulls more sugar from other foods... more than it needs. It's just easier to use real sugar...

12. Sex doesn't burn as many calories as you'd like to believe... Faking an orgasm does, though... Look it up.

That's the basics...
Just in case.
crimsonandclover wrote:Sometimes the greatest source is from within. And accepting whats in there.

veloruia wrote:We all have a bit of Smile in us.

onebravegirl wrote:Shine on and Smile on my beautiful 2D pal.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:29 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: General Rules of Weightloss

Postby Chucky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:11 pm

I just want to make some comments:

The sodium issue can be easily followed by observing the amount of salt in a food. Table salts mostly use potassium chloride now, however, but putting shitloads of potassium (and chloride) ions into your system isn't good either. Also, mono-sodium-glutamate (MSG) is a common food sweetener (the most common), and it as yuou can see has sodium in it. They don't mention this in the 'ingredients' section though.

If you must weigh yourself each day, do it at the same time so that you'll get a clearer picture of your weight. If you measure at different times during the day, you'll indeed notice fluctuations.

Muscle weighs the same as fat - A kilo of muscle is not heavier than a kilo of fat. If you burn fat by doing exercise, the weight of fat you burn off will be less than the amount of muscle your body rebuilds afterwards. So, you'll have lost weight.

That's all I have to say right now.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SmileXx » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Chucky wrote:Muscle weighs the same as fat - A kilo of muscle is not heavier than a kilo of fat. If you burn fat by doing exercise, the weight of fat you burn off will be less than the amount of muscle your body rebuilds afterwards. So, you'll have lost weight.

A kilo is a kilo.
What I meant to say is that if this:
() is a pound of muscle...
((((()))))) is a pound of fat...

Muscle is more compact, so if you exercise, you may gain WEIGHT but you'll lose INCHES... which shows the progress...
And once you have a good base of muscle built up, you will again start losing weight on the scale.
crimsonandclover wrote:Sometimes the greatest source is from within. And accepting whats in there.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Chucky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 pm

I get you now. I've been doing weights and either cycling or jogging for just under a decade now. I have a slim waist for my age I think and my ribs are quite noticeable on my chest. I'm not underweight though. Do some women not do weights because of the reason you've mentioned? - I mean, do you they think that doing weights will just build muscle and then keep them at the same weight?
psychforums.com rules:

Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SmileXx » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 am

Lots of women don't do weight because they don't want to beef up and be muscley.
Low weights and high rep is better. It builds the muscle but not in bulk.
Lots of women don't know that.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Chucky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:46 pm

That is very much what I have been focussing on for almost a decade now -i.e. I have never done weights to get big muscles. I instead have nicely toned muscles all over my body right now, and I intentionally don't lift heavier weights. This is also what some martial artists focus on, as far as I know. I certainly can't picture a big bulky bodybuilder doing karate, ju-jitsu, etc.
psychforums.com rules:

Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SmileXx » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Mostly, yes.
I'm not much of a weights person... just because they don't cause the number to go down fast enough...
I'm an aerobics person...
I must get abck to the gym soon...
I walked at lunch today, I'm sure that helped.

I haven't had much time for the gym while taking care of the bf.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby kristenmickel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:09 am

*Edited by admin - Chucky*
kristenmickel
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby SmileXx » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Hoodia never did anything for me.
Like at all.
Didn't curb my appetite or make me lose anything.

Ephedra did, but that's illegal now.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Weight Loss