Our partner

So frustrated..

Weight loss message board, open discussion, and online support group.

So frustrated..

Postby LadyDaria » Sun May 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Since I was 20 I have been on a zillion diets. I always lose weight BUT, this is what happens. Every time... I fail to make goal AND gain it back.

(1) I have come to conclude my body needs a certain amount of calories per day. About 1400 to 1600. If I don't get this... I feel deprived. And my body WILL return to eventually. So, if I get down to a weight where my metabolism does not burn this off per day... I will start gaining. For instance I got to 150 and had my RMR measured... it was 1350 (with normal activity 1450) as you can see, that is not enough if I eat about 1700 cals per day, I will gain.
(2) If I drop my calories enough to lose weight, my body does adjust downward. So if my normal RMR is 1700,,, cutting to 1200 will cause my RMR to drop to 1600. On top of that, as I lose, my RMR goes down.

Basically, it seems... my ONLY option is to
(1) lose weight slow over a long time period... say 5 years.
(2) lose the weight via exercise... as this is the only way to "get" the food my body wants... and also, lose weight.

The problem... I work and, I have an insane commute. So I get about 2 hours per day. But, what I have decided is that I am going to try to work out at work and then at home.

I have about 80 lbs to lose. I figure if I lose about 30 per year I will be able to do it.
LadyDaria
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: So frustrated..

Postby sarahb73 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 am

PROTEIN.

You feel deprived because you are likely not getting enough protein.

protein makes you "satiated" -- you feel full quicker with better calories.
sarahb73
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Weight Loss