Our partner

How can I lose weight in this lifestyle?

Weight loss message board, open discussion, and online support group.

How can I lose weight in this lifestyle?

Postby weirdone » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 am

- we have little money and can't afford gyms.
- Nor do I have exercise clothes
- Too afraid to go for walks and it's also not safe to walk around here
- house is crowded full of stuff... can't move without hitting yourself or knocking yourself. Space is extremely limited. All we have is a lawn in the front but with people in every corner that can easily look at me I'm not going to do anything.

Is there some way I can lose weight? I've tried eating less and it doesn't work.
I do like getting soft drinks sometimes and chocolate. But I do also eat vegetables. I hardly eat fruit anymore as it makes me feel sick and it's often rotten or sour or gross.
I have no idea what weight I am as I have no scales (Well.. I do but they are broken)... my doctor weighed me about a year ago and it was nearly 100kg.

Is there any possible way I could lose weight? I am EXTREMELY self conscious and my mother loves making fun of me if I have tried in the past exercising or dancing.. etc.
weirdone
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How can I lose weight in this lifestyle?

Postby Frizzy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:01 am

Losing weight is easy. You need to understand hormones. Too much carbs tell your hormones to stop burning fat and to store fat. Higher protein intake tells your body to start burning fat and stop storing fat.

Just make sure you get a balanced diet with a handful of protein everyday with all your meals. Natural foods only (real meat, vegetables, grains, fruit, nuts only). That means no processed food at all. Also get a food allergy test. If you are eating lots of dairy products or grains and are allergic to them you are going to retain lots of water and screw up your metabolism.
Frizzy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby weirdone » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am

Easy? :/. Hmm have to say we have to agree to disagree here. For some people perhaps, definitely not me! Lol! I have slow metabolism. I even starved myself once and I still had a fat butt even though i lost a ton of weight
weirdone
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby mexico health » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Tips to lose weight without going Gym:

Squats:
Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and lower your hips (almost like you're sitting in a chair). As you bend your knees, your thighs will be parallel with the floor, *mod edit- advertising removed* Ensure your knees don’t go beyond your toes and keep your chest up and look straight ahead. Stand back up to start position and repeat.

Triceps Push-Ups:
Place your hands on the floor and keep them under your shoulders. Holding your body straight, bend your elbows close to you body. Lower your chest between your hands and push back up into the starting position. If you're having trouble completing a push-up, place your knees on the floor to make things easier. For intensity, raise your feet up onto stairs or an elevated surface to increase the difficulty.

Skaters/Leaps:
To start, get into a semi-squat position and leap sideways to land on your right foot. Immediately push off in the opposite direction and land on your left foot. Make sure you perform these skaters continuously.

Plank Crawl:
Pace yourself for this one. We recommend giving yourself a goal of 15 to 20 crawls. Begin this move in a push-up position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Lower yourself down one arm at a time into a plank position on your forearms, while keeping your elbows directly under your shoulders. Push back up one arm at a time into your starting push-up position. Alternate the arm you lead with and maintain a straight body throughout the movement. Lower your knees to the floor to decrease the difficulty level.

Walking Lunge:
Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and place your arms to the side. Step forward with your right foot and lower your left knee towards the floor. Your knees should bend about 90 degrees. Ensure your right knee stays over your right ankle and don't let your knee go past your toes. Step up to balance on your right foot and switch feet.

Single Leg Balance Stick:
Balance on your right foot with your left foot behind you. Lean forward, keeping a straight body position and lift your left heel towards the ceiling. Maintain a slight bend in your standing knee so you don’t lock your knee. If you're having trouble balancing, focus on something in front of you or hold your back leg for initial support (pictured here).

Bird Dog:
Begin on all fours (downward dog), ensuring your hands are directly under your shoulders and your knees are directly under your hips. Slowly extend your right leg behind you and reach your right arm forward into a straight line. Hold your balance without arching your back. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.

Side Plank Hip Drops:
Begin by lying on your right side with your right elbow directly lined under your shoulder. Keeping your feet on the floor, lift your hips off the floor and support your body with your forearm. Hold for three seconds and slowly lower your right hip onto the floor and repeat.

Bridge:
Lay on your back with your arms by your sides. Bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor. Maintaining a straight back, raise your hips up to a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Hold for three seconds and lower your hips slowly back to the floor and repeat.

Superman Back Extension:
Lay on your stomach and reach your arms forward (like you're flying). Gently raise your legs and upper body off the floor while keeping your head straight. Pause for three seconds and repeat.
mexico health
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Darill » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:25 pm

I do yoga - it does not require much space. I advise you to walk the stairs, 1000 steps a day will help you lose weight. You can search for free groups for sports. I know that some neighbors just do sport together. You can play some active games - tennis, basketball.
Darill
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 am

Postby TameQueen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:12 am

Losing weight is more than just diet. If you can't afford going to the gym think about exercising during the day or walking in a nice neighborhood. Cut out soft drinks, alcohol, juice, etc and only drink water. Stay away from carbs and sugars and on days you do have them go out for a run. Eat more eggs and less red meat.
DX: Nihilist
TameQueen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 am

Return to Weight Loss

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post