Our partner

Sex drive is just kind-of, "blah"

Sexual health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sex drive is just kind-of, "blah"

Postby maddogmaddy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 pm

So I've had this issue for several months, and it's stressing me out. My sex drive is just like, not really there. I've noticed a correlation between being off my meds (or taking them irregularly) and flat affect, no desire to show affection, etc. But my meds are on track, I'm feeling good, I'm more affectionate again (like normal); but I still have very little sex drive. I hate it. I still find my fiance extremely attractive. I love touching him and being close to him. But anything sexual past just kissing, hugging etc, automatically makes me become distant. I don't know if maybe it's a side effect of my meds, or something else. Any ideas?
Dx: Schizoaffective - Bipolar Type, Rapid Cycling
Fiance
Mother of three
Electrical Maintenance Student
Homemaker

Country music singin, cowboy boot wearin red-headed midwestern sweetheart <3
maddogmaddy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sex drive is just kind-of, "blah"

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Sex drive can be affected by many things including depression and tiredness. There are also psychological possibilities for why your sex drive is low. Then if it becomes an issue that in and of itself can make things worse because sex feels like a chore and not spontaneous and fun. It could also be your meds as some can lower libido. If it does not improve then I would suggest you initially speak to your Dr. If it becomes more long term you may also want to consider therapy to see if anything needs to be worked out there.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:13 am
Blog: View Blog (177)