Our partner

Can you having sex with a lot of people be bad?

Sexual health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Can you having sex with a lot of people be bad?

Postby Ashley19 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:08 pm

I've made no secret that I drink a lot and I tend to get physical fast when I drink like a lot of sex with many different partners, even when I'm sober I like to have sex with different partners, I almost always use a condom, I can never remember not using no. Is it bad to have sex with multiple people if you use protection
Ashley19
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can you having sex with a lot of people be bad?

Postby Chucky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi,

Using the protection is good, but the overall pattern of behaviour you have right now is - in general - 'bad'. I am male and I know how the typical guy thinks (because I speak to them). What I'd like you to do is try to not drink alcohol on one night out (or even just drink less than usual), and then see if you still have the 'need' to have sex. I knew a girl who's behaviour matched yours a long time ago (in fact, she is my ex), and she eventually grew to resent herself for the way she behaved, but she simply didn't know how to stop. So, please try out what I've said here. otherwise, you're going to end up in a difficult situation.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Postby Leviathan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:38 pm

As long as you're using protection I don't see a problem with it. But getting drunk and having sex with random guys could put your life at risk.There's some nutters out there so you need to be careful.

Also you could get a bit of a reputation as being "easy", a lot of guys will only see you as a screw. Not trying to be harsh, just being honest, and this could stop men wanting anything more with you because they'll expect that you'll cheat.
Leviathan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Postby concerned2410 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:55 am

hey there,
condoms don't protect against HPV and genital herpes. condoms can also break. see your gyno for a checkup every year.
concerned2410
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Postby thepain » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Arent you worried about STDs or just your general well being? What if u pass out drunk and have a train ran on ya :lol:
thepain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Naturallite » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:25 am

May Be Your Vagina Got Infected Because Of This Reaction.So Try To Avoid
Edited by admin (Chucky)
Naturallite
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Cloud09 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 am

Yes, being promiscuous can be bad for you. Not only is there the increased risk of STDs, there's also the increased risk of feeling like you have been used and feeling guilty for violating any moral precepts or whatever that you may (or may not) have concerning promiscuous sex. There is a website I have that I could recommend to you if you would like to see it. But be forewarned, it is a religious site and I will not post it unless I will not be violating the rules and unless you request it. Not all of the reasons on this site for observing chastity are religious reasons but many of the reasons do have religious elements. But anyway, here are a couple of quotes from saints about chastity that you might find encouraging if you do choose to observe chastity:

"When you decide firmly to lead a clean life, Chastity will not be a burden on you: It will be a crown of triumph."
- Saint Josemaria Escriva

"Chastity is a difficult, long term matter; one must wait patiently for it to bear fruit, for the happiness of loving kindness which it must bring. But at the same time, chastity is the sure way to happiness."
- Pope John Paul II

"Purity prepares the soul for love, and love confirms the soul in purity."
- John Henry Cardinal Newman

I hope you do not mind me posting these saint quotes. If you do, let me know and I will gladly edit the post for you. :)
Cloud09
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Postby forthebirds » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:25 am

I don't think promiscuity is mentally unhealthy for all women. For some women, yes, they will come to feel used or regretful or whatever... some women, like myself, are able to have casual sexual relationships. I understand that female psychology may make women prone to monogamy, but it's not fair to assume this is the case for all women.

I have wondered if, like one poster said, guys assume I'm not serious about them if they know I have casual sex. I have had the depressing experience of finding out that this person I really liked was only looking to have fun. But this is their problem, not mine-- if they can so mischaracterize me and my feelings for them, a little heartbreak now is probably for the best. :lol:
forthebirds
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Postby Cloud09 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 am

Yes, of course it can be bad. It has psychological consequences as well as physical. Having unprotected sex with even one person increases your risk of getting an STD. Having unprotected sex with numerous people exponentially increases your chances of getting an STD. And remember, even condoms can't protect against some STDs. Also, condoms are not 100% effective at preventing any STD.
Cloud09
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Well it's not as bad as having sex without a condom, but it's still morally wrong and risky. That makes it so likely to get an STD. Someone can have an STD without even having any symptoms. Look up AIDS on mayoclinic.com, if you do not believe me.
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Sexual Health