Our partner

Early menopause? (loving it so far :D)

Sexual health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Early menopause? (loving it so far :D)

Postby Xena » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 pm

I'll be 41 this summer, and The Change does tend to happen early in my family. My 'symptoms' have been so subtle that I won't bore the forumgoers with them. The mildly annoying symptoms are easy to dismiss as products of environment: eg hard water drying out my skin, too much noise interfering with my sleep, etc.

The rest of it feels awesome! I have energy. I'm losing weight. My greasy food cravings are gone for the moment. And I'm horny!!! Oh man am I horny! I feel like going to the gym and wrestling with sweaty musclebound beauties before I take them home to hump their brains out!!!

I didn't even put it all together until I missed a period. Wow. That was so easy...

It's SO tempting to believe that all this stuff you hear about The Change making women shrivelled old wrecks is bullsh!t propaganda foisted onto us by jealous penis creatures who want to enslave us with children and housework. FUK THE PATRIARCHY! I'M FREE!! :twisted:

But there are a few things I may need to discuss with my doctor--mostly to do with changing nutritional needs, and a degree of sober second thought when taking on a new fitness routine. I wouldn't want to overdo it if things are changing more than I've noticed.

Can anybody recommend some good websites or books about this? My google searches keep giving me insanely contradictory information. I'm not sure what to believe.

Thank you :)
"Don't argue with crazy people. You'll look like you're the one who's crazy." -Mom
Xena
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Early menopause? (loving it so far :D)

Postby Ella_GY » Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 pm

As someone who has suffered from heavy periods, severe PMS, no exhaustion, aneamia, dizziness and endometriosis since highschool I CANNOT WAIT for the menopause to get here! I also can't see myself ever having kids, so the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned! I'm 33 now, so if like you I start at 41 then I'll be very very happy! I don't know what it's like to actually have energy and a clear head, so if it's that big of a change then I think that will be when I start my life! Glad to hear a positive story, as you normally only hear about the things that go wrong with menopause! :mrgreen:
Ella_GY
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Re: Early menopause? (loving it so far :D)

Postby CammieMe » Sat May 19, 2018 10:17 am

Ella_GY wrote:As someone who has suffered from heavy periods, severe PMS, no exhaustion, aneamia, dizziness and endometriosis since highschool I CANNOT WAIT for the menopause to get here! I also can't see myself ever having kids, so the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned! I'm 33 now, so if like you I start at 41 then I'll be very very happy! I don't know what it's like to actually have energy and a clear head, so if it's that big of a change then I think that will be when I start my life! Glad to hear a positive story, as you normally only hear about the things that go wrong with menopause! :mrgreen:

My mom has been telling me her experiences when she had her menopause. She's having a heavy sweating and hot flashes. A swing of moods was also there.
CammieMe
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 am

Return to Sexual Health