Our partner

Feeling ugly and hating my nose

Womens health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: thegentlepath

Re: Feeling ugly and hating my nose

Postby commedia » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm

My mother wasn't a bunny or an actress (as far as I am aware) but she was, still is, beautiful. Her nose is thin and perfectly straight, nice eye shape, etc etc... then there's me. I had felt awful about my looks for years and years. Then mood swings started and I was happy or content some of the time but still uncomfortable most of the time. Now unless it's a very bad day I'm at the least content with my looks.

The nose is my main concern. Eventually I picked one feature from it I love (the slight bump) and would focus on it whenever I looked at it. Pick the good or tolerable and forget the rest. At some point you'll start to see yourself in more of the way other people do. Strangers tend more to zone in on the positives than negatives when it comes to physical aesthetics and the rest second - if at all. Keep that in mind.

And many of the beautiful stars, possibly even more so back in the day, put an incredible amount of focus on contouring when doing their make-up. If it's done right it wont even be that noticeable in person. Less is more. Highlight and lowlight this and that ever so subtly. Lights will catch in the right way and it can help your confidence when it's on. After a while start to gradually tone it down until it's minimal. Hardly anything at all. I almost never wear anything but mascara anymore if even that much. Started to see myself in a better and better light.

You may or may not be interested in that but it worked for me. Much luck!
commedia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby carsonroads » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:19 am

if you are insecure about your nose, others will notice and agree that your nose doesn't look the best. :oops:
If you don't let it stop you from your daily activities, others won't even notice it!

hope. that. makes. sense. :lol:
carsonroads
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Postby BrentElmer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:57 am

Devid8787 wrote:Everyone is not perfect. So don't feel bad for your nose. Keep satisfaction and confidence.

exactly... dont feel so bad nobody is perfect in this world
BrentElmer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Postby LaraAndSimon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 pm

I think there are a lot of things you can do to feel more attractive. I for myself put on a little make up and stress my eyes. Another good thing is to emphasize your hair. I use a very good curling wand I found on this site: https://www.curling-wand.com/review/. It's the Hot Tool wand mentioned and I curl my hair before special occasions. It helps me feeling attractive and with the matching outfit I feel even better. Anyway: beauty comes from the inside but a few changes on the outside aren't bad either. :wink:
LaraAndSimon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:28 am

Postby joombo » Tue May 15, 2018 1:28 pm

I faced with siilar issue. :( Ever since I was a young teenager I've dreamed of getting a nose job because I hate it so much. It's ruined my self esteem completely. Anytime I catch my side profile I want to cry. If I had a nice nose maybe I would be kinda pretty. I can't deal with being ugly. I know other people have real problems but I can't explain how much it bothers me.
joombo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:28 am

Postby shock_the_monkey » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 pm

joombo wrote:I faced with siilar issue. :( Ever since I was a young teenager I've dreamed of getting a nose job because I hate it so much. It's ruined my self esteem completely. Anytime I catch my side profile I want to cry. If I had a nice nose maybe I would be kinda pretty. I can't deal with being ugly. I know other people have real problems but I can't explain how much it bothers me.

... your nose is the least expressive part of your face. first are the eyes. second is the mouth. no one pays much attention to noses.

my sister has shark dimples. worse than that, one of her teddy bears was particularly mischievous and was always trying to knock her nose off! strangely, she seems to have survived all of this.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:28 am

Postby joombo » Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks for reply. I decided to make non surgical nose job in the near future. I've already found one reliable clinic , they have many positive reviews. Hope my nose will look much more better soon.
Last edited by NewSunRising on Sat May 26, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
joombo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:28 am

Previous

Return to Womens Health

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post