Our partner

"Strange" menstrual periods?

Womens health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: thegentlepath

"Strange" menstrual periods?

Postby Jellybeanery » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:35 am

Hello. I know this forum is not active, but what the hell.

On March 3rd and 4th I had some slight cramping and random brown discharge ("old" blood). On the 5th I started my period and had awful cramps which I remedied and then later on at night they came back. On the 6th and 7th I was still having some mild cramping. And then yesterday (the 8th) I started having some more cramping which was more severe, and when I went to the bathroom, this 3 inch long "rubbery" thing came out of me. :shock: It was kind of round/tubular, and got thin at the end and it was very dark red. Ever since it came out, my cramps have completely stopped and the bleeding has almost vanished. This would be day 5 of my period and it is practically gone, which in itself is strange because my periods always last for 7 days. This exact thing happened two months ago. The exact same thing came out of me. Emphasis on exact.

Now, I Googled the hell out of this. People are saying "blood clots" - it is not a clot, as I always have clots during my period, always have, I get them a lot, and they can be quite large, but this is not a clot. Others are saying "uterine lining" - I don't think this is it either, as I have looked at pictures of uterine lining and it is fleshy, like skin, and this is not what it looks like. Also, both times this happened, it looked exactly the same - 3 inches long, very dark red, round/tubular, thinner at the end, and rubbery like an eraser (yes, I touched it, lol).

I cannot see my gynecologist because I currently do not have insurance. If this happens again though, I am taking a picture of it to show to the doctor when I am able to see him. Any thoughts?
Bipolar I | GAD
Lamotrigine - 400 mg | Clonazepam - 1 mg

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: "Strange" menstrual periods?

Postby Wally58 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 pm

This is something best left to a doctor to answer. Any Planned Parenthood at a reduced or no cost exam in your area for women's health issues? They may want a refrigerated sample for a biopsy?
Please don't neglect your health or place your well-being at risk.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:41 am

Postby Jellybeanery » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Hey Wally, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, there isn't. There used to be a free family planning clinic over at the courthouse but it is long since gone. My only option is to go to the clinic they have where I go for therapy (also free) but I don't think they have gynecologists there. If it does happen again though, I am definitely taking a picture of it! (Sounds so gross! :lol:)
Bipolar I | GAD

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Wally58 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Ask. The clinic may offer a referral service for other health services?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:41 am

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:32 pm

How old are you Jelly ?

I experienced the same thing when I started menopause . It went on for quite while . I was in my mid to late forties when it started .

Lol - gonna send you a PM . Don't really feel like going into detail here . :D
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:41 am

Postby Jellybeanery » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, NSR.

Although I just responded to your PM, I will put it here, in case others ask. I am 35.

~

Like I mentioned above, the place I go for therapy has some regular doctors in a clinic there. I have therapy tomorrow, so I will ask my counselor if they have gynecologists there as well.
Bipolar I | GAD

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Womens Health

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post