Our partner

Vaginismus Maybe?

Womens health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: thegentlepath

Vaginismus Maybe?

Postby LittleGreyLamb » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:04 am

I haven't talked to my doctor about it but I looked up the symptoms and I have some of them.

I have trouble using tampons as result I never wore one, never had sex before but penetration is painful, I got my toy recently and I have trouble inserting the tip with lube, and the pap smear procedure was excruciating.

I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy sex.
LittleGreyLamb
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Vaginismus Maybe?

Postby seabreezeblue » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:50 am

It is possible that you have Vaginismus, but I was wondering if it's more likely that it's an issue with your hymen instead..
http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/hymen.html

From what you've said, ie; that you've never had sex and that a pap exam was horribly painful for you (why were you having a pap? they normally only do those on sexually active women.. :? ).. it's possible that the pain is being caused by a hymen that's still intact.
It would be very worthwhile talking to a gyn about this and seeing what they say after a quick examination.

If the gynae says that your hymen isn't still intact and shouldn't be causing you pain then definitely take a look at Vaginismus again but as someone that used to suffer severely with it myself, I promise you that it's a condition that many women can recover from - it usually just takes a lot of being gentle and some muscle training (and of course a lot of trust if you're with a partner),
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Womens Health