Our partner

Endometrial cancer

Womens health message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: thegentlepath

Endometrial cancer

Postby Callalily » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:38 pm

I found out on Friday that my mom has endometrial cancer. I've been trying to be strong about it because I know worrying is not going to fix anything, but I'm scared. I'm really really scared. She has a hysterectomy scheduled for a week from Friday, and she says the prognosis is good and the doctor thinks they should be able to get all of it. I'm scared anyway. I feel like I don't know what to say because being negative and anxious is probably only going to make things more difficult for her, but at the same time it's hard to pretend to not be upset. Are there cancer survivors on here or maybe people with loved ones who went through it? I don't know what to do; I want to be as helpful as possible but I have never been through anything like this before. Thank you.
Callalily
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:28 am
Blog: View Blog (22)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Endometrial cancer

Postby Cheze2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:45 am

Learning that a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer is always a harrowing experience. There are a lot of emotions involved. There are often support groups in the community for families of people diagnosed with cancer, perhaps you could look to see if there are any in your area? Remember that you also need to take care of yourself before being able to even emotionally care for and support your mother.
Bipolar I with Psychotic features; Borderline Personality disorder; GAD
Today's cocktail is: Quetiapine 100mg; Latuda 40mg; Trilafon: 8mg
Forum Rules
"No matter how long the night, the dawn always breaks" -African Proverb
Cheze2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Endometrial cancer

Postby Callalily » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond but I was avoiding this place for a while 'cuz it can be triggering. But that was very good advice, thank you! My mother is actually looking at support groups now, and I'm told family is welcome at some of them, so I'm hoping to go with her. We actually find out the results of the latest biopsy this week, so fingers are crossed it comes back clean! I am cautious but optimistic!

Thank you again for writing me back; it's comforting to hear a friendly voice. (Er, read a friendly voice. :) )
Callalily
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:28 am
Blog: View Blog (22)

Return to Womens Health

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post